Campanula cashmeriana

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

This is a new campanula for me. I started them from seed this spring, and the little seedlings are starting to bloom. The leaves are a soft gray-green, while the little bells are a soft lilac-blue. It's recommended as a rock garden plant.

Thumbnail by Weezingreens
Castelnau RB Pyrenée, France(Zone 8a)

That's charming Weez. I didn't know this one.

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

I got the seed from Thompson & Morgan. I had no idea how tiny the flowers are. It remains to be seen how they will winter over. It's an interesting leaf for a campanula.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8b)

Hi there Weez,

How did this winter over? Is it still going a couple years later?? Very sweet little bloom...

Jam

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

They didn't winter over, but we had a weird spring in 2003. I planted some again last year, so I'll have to see if they made it. I think they are probably a questionable perennial here.

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

Welcome back, Weez--

I've enjoyed reading your postings in other forums, especially the ones about the gung-ho college student who questioned your "invasive" gardening practices.

Thanks for letting us know Weez :)

Could you put a link to that thread please Zuzu? I seem to have missed a lot just recently...

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

You know, Philomel, I'm so embarrassed to keep saying this, but I don't know how to do a link. Besides, I read so many of these things that I can't remember where that thread was. It might have been a thread about invasive plants. Maybe a forum search of invasive or of Weezingreens would turn it up. In the meantime, maybe someone could tell this computer-challenged individual how to create a link. I always want to share things and I always have to send people to other Websites to find what I'm talking about.

No problem Zuzu :) I'll stop being lazy and have a hunt.

To do a link you highlight the address in the panel above the page that you want to tell someone about. Then got to your edit and copy.
Next go to the page (or email) etc where you want to show the link, position your cursor where you want the link to be and 'paste'
Voila - in theory. Good luck, hope this helps :)

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

Thank you, Philomel. I'll test that right away in several threads I have to update.

Fingers crossed :~D

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

Philomel, merci beaucoup.

Your instructions were just the thing I needed. I have been running through various forums, scattering links right and left. One that you and all the other rock gardeners might enjoy is in the "My New Rock Wall" thread of this forum. It's a link to the Alpine Garden's photos of the East Lancs show. Some gorgeous prize-winning primula, saxifraga, and other tiny beauties. So gorgeous I had to share them with other fans.

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Hi, Phil, the thread has gone the way of the dodo. Just as well. I really love the look of this Campanula. In the right climate I think it would be charming nestled in rocks, etc. I think it is just too wet here for it.

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Oops, forgot to say, Hi, Zulu! I was so happy when I figured out how to link! It opens a whole new world, like learning to post photos.

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

Please, Weez, it's Zuzu (like Martha Stewart's chow dog), not Zulu.

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

LOL! I guess that's quite different! I thought perhaps you were borrowing from the African Daisy, Zulu Prince! LOL!

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

Oddly enough, I just bought two Zulu Princes at Annie's Annuals. It's such a pretty plant.

Hi Weez - good to see you :) How's spring coming along in your neck of the woods?
It's a shame you can't get this campanula to winter over. Does it take too long from seed to make it worth growing as an annual for you? I expect there are a lot of other plants that are better value in your climate.

I'm really glad the linking thing worked for you Zuzu :)
What a coincidence about those Zulu Princes...........

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

I would probably have to start it quite early, though it does bloom the first year (obviously!). Another little beauty is the Campanula carnea that Emmy sent me. I'm waiting to see if it is a perennial, but if not, I would consider it for an annual.

Any piccies?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.