Faux Stain Glass

Laurel, MD(Zone 7a)

I had My Mr draw this and then I took it to a Faux stain glass place (this is plastic) The sun beats in this window in the winter - so strong that I can't stand there with out being blinded in the afternoon. It was not that expensive and thought I would share this idea with you all.

Thumbnail by Happyoma

That is beautiful. What a great solution.

Bay City, MI(Zone 5a)

How wonderful!!! is your mr. an artist??? i just love hummingbirds and this is just lovely!!!! Does your mr. have a template or extra drawing he would like to sell?? How did you find this place to do a faux on plastic???? i haven't seen any place like that around here :( I have several windows where the sun shines directly in and just about blinds everyone in the room and i would hate to cover up the windows, but your idea sounds like the perfect solution. If you can help in any way please let me know?
Thank you,
patricia
Oh and my new aol e-mail is snazzypants2003.

Bay City, MI(Zone 5a)

Oh Geez, @aol.com :)

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Beautiful job!!

Laurel, MD(Zone 7a)

Well I am thrilled that I have an idea that is well received!! Where to begin - my Mr. drew it free hand on paper grocery sacks (we tore them open) and the place that did the work used one side of the drawing and flipped it over so that both sides were then equal. I got it done at a local studio at Savage mill in Savage Maryland. It was only $100.00 And I must say I got the idea from a girl friend who had the same thing in real stained glass at the cost of 3200.00!!!! No one knows it is not real until they touch it. But back to the artist she is no longer at the mill and I have not been successful in tracking her down. I will keep looking via the internet and will post here when and if I find anything!! If any one finds a place to have it donw I am sure I could coax my Mr into drawing something similiar.

It's " BEAUTIFUL"!!!

cosby, TN(Zone 7a)

I have a house in knoxville Tenn, which I now rent out, an old house with 10 foot cielings and long windows i have an aversion to light and one day on HGTV they had a show on about this faux stained glass i ordered it, about $50.00, i think, it was very easy to do and it had the patterns and everything included,here also you could not tell it wasnt real until you touched it, you could even remove it and take it with you if you moved,my renters love it, you could probably get the info from HGTV it was the show with that carol woman i think, good luck this was at least 8 years ago,also they were double hung windows and the kit did about 8 windows

Oklahoma City, OK(Zone 7a)

That's gorgeous.

Urbana, IL(Zone 5b)

I'm new here and was just browsing some old threads. The kit you can buy is from Plaid Crafts and it's called "Gallery Glass." You can even do much of the actual painting on a flat surface (kitchen table), then peel and stick on the windows! It can't be used for windows exposed to the elements (like a storm door or car windows) but other than that you can use it on any glass surface. They've got tons of patterns available or you can make your own. I'm just starting out but it's pretty easy--you just trace the patterns with "liquid lead" and then paint inside the lines. It's also good because it's not permanent--you can just scrape it off the windows if you need to sell the house or something like that. Just thought I'd let y'all know!

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

I got three things to say bout that window cover...Gor-gee-ous!!!!Very nice! :-)

Memphis, TN(Zone 7b)

Very nice! After burning my finger yesterday on my soldering iron while working on a stained glass piece - I'm seriously thinking of going this route! LOL!

Really - very nice job!

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Beautiful work! My friend Rosie had her French doors done with faux stained glass paint. Some friends of hers did it as a gift to her. http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/302175/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.