Reminder: Keep it clean

Friends,

In recent days, I've found myself having to edit an unusually high concentration of posts in this forum, due to inappropriate language.

Please remember that we have an acceptable use policy which clearly prohibits the use of words that are offensive, indecent, abusive, hateful, harassing, libelous, profane, vulgar or unlawful. There's a lot of words and phrases that fall under these descriptions, and if you wonder if I'll object to it, I probably will.

If you are simply copying and pasting a joke in from your inbox, then it's your responsibility to carefully read and edit out any corrupt communication before pasting it in.

Thanks, and let's keep this forum clean!

Best,
Dave

Thumbnail by dave

Just another friendly reminder for our new members. :)

dave

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

Somehow found this thread and wanted to bring it forward. It's so nicely worded, and it is a good reminder. Thanks, Dave for being such a good webmaster.

Thanks weezin! :)

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

You're welcome, Dave.

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Ok Dave........ :o)

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

Bumpity bumpity bump bump bump.

Should we keep bumping this post up? So people that just joined will see it?

Fountain, FL(Zone 8a)

Sure why not?

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

No, it's now a "Stickey" and will always stay at the top, new posts or not.

Metamora, IL

I greatly appreciate your scrupulousness with regard to mental and verbal hygeine, Dave. You have my thanks and my respect for that. So good to see!

Elliot

Starkville, MS

Thanks Dave, I hope no one gets hurt.

Starkville, MS

edited 'cause I accidently sent it twice!

This message was edited Nov 3, 2005 12:55 PM

Metamora, IL

Here is one to tell to chilluns who are just learning to count:

Why is 6 afraid of 7?

Because 7 8 9!

Willamette Valley, OR(Zone 8a)

My 7yo LOL at that one, persevere1! (I had to explain it to my 5yo. ;-)

Metamora, IL

glad it came in handly, mgh!

Dexter, NY(Zone 5a)

bump!

Midland, TX(Zone 7b)

This is the reason I love Dave's Garden. It is clean!!!

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Clean.........AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Zone 7a)

persevere, evidently, you don't have to be a "chillun" to laugh at that one - LOL

Lilesville, NC

Did you hear about the blond that climbed to the top of the roof?

She heard drinks were on the house!

LOL

Lil_Red

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

It is good Dave although some things may be debateable as to what is offensive, it is better to err on the side of caution as you say and hey look it says DAVES GARDEN!!!! you win! Dawn

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 8a)

I appreciat it greatly!
Karen~

Lakeland, FL

Thanks Dave,
No problem from this new member. I don't even have a TV. LOL

Lincoln, CA(Zone 9b)

Dave, I appreciate the standards you have set for this site. I agree with your policy of keeping it clean. However, I would like to see it even cleaner than it is. Occasionally, I find some jokes a little crude.

Thank you for the encouragement. We found that the vast majority of the site prefers the standards we enforce.

It's impossible for us to see every post in every thread and therefore we very much rely on the assistance of the members to alert us when a problem arises. Next time you see a joke that you consider to be outside of the bounds of what's acceptable here, please do click on "Contact us" at the bottom, and give us the link to the thread so we can deal with it.

best,
dave

Fallston, MD(Zone 6b)

dave,
i just posted a bunch of jokes, but now they are not listed. what happened; they're not offensive???

I dmailed you 15 minutes before you posted. Please check your dmail. :)

Houston, United States(Zone 9b)

Thank-you Dave for laying clean perameters! :)

Harrod, OH

Hello! I am very new here, too and I want to say how grateful I am to "Dave" for keeping such a great "garden site" here. It is a wonderful place to come in the early hours of the morning when I can't sleep. There are so many areas to choose from and it is CLEAN.
Thank you very much. I now come here off and on during the day and night. It is fun.
I do not know how all of this works but I will learn.
God Bless Dave and God Bless America!

DaylilyOma

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

Yeah, I love the fact that my GrandKids can look at anything they want to on this site and I don't have to worry ^_^

the Mountains, CO(Zone 4a)

yeah,
here in 2013, talking clean and with some sort of class/decency is unimaginable to most Americans. what a sad thing.

Gainesville, FL

Kudos! Someone who stands up for what is right! If I ever say anything that is not right bump me off just as fast as you can. You know sometimes words can have double meanings. I for one stand behind you 100%.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images