Dancing Bones Cactus (Hatiora salicornioides)

Western, PA(Zone 6a)

Common name: Dancing Bones Cactus
Family: Cactaceae
Genus: Hatiora
Species salicornioides

Plant Link: http://plantsdatabase.com/go/55382/

Thumbnail by golddog
Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

Mine's flowering now too! It's about 15 yrs old at this point, these guys are troopers.

T-village ;) - Fries, Netherlands(Zone 6a)

Thank you for posting this picture, I'm very glad to know at last what's the name of this plant that I've had since 1984.
It is a tough one, really. Gets many of these yellow flowers with me too, mainly in winter.

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Mine has one lone blossom that has been opening a bit more every day. I'll try to get a closeup of the blossom to post here in the next few days. How long do the blooms last? The label just said Rhipsalis and gives instructions for filtered sunlight, keep evenly moist (I haven't) and that it flowers in spring and fall.

Beaconsfield, QC(Zone 5b)

I've had my 'drunkard's dream' (as I was told it was called) for 3 years now, but it has never bloomed. It hasn't grown a huge amount in 3 years, but until I came across this site, I had never seen another one like it, and was unsure of the best maintenance. I guess it should be in a shallow pot?? So, does any one know how come I haven't any flowers??? I'm posting a pic in case it helps!

Thumbnail by stimmins
Asheville, NC(Zone 7a)

After searching this site, I think I finally found my plant. The tag that came with it says "Oriental Pencil Rhipsalis". I have had it approximately 4 years. It has never bloomed. I have to bring it inside every winter because of freezing weather. Is it good to repot them? Also, should they ever be cut back and where do you cut? Can you just put a piece of the plant in dirt and it will start a new one?

Thanks very much.

Thumbnail by fronie
Delhi, LA

I mentioned this plant on a thread I was watching. The name I used was Drunkard's Delight. That's what the guy who gave it to me called it. Looked it up and followed it here. Ours is just like the ones shown, except smaller. It has nearly died out several times but always came back. We have had it for probably 20 years but it has never bloomed. Thanks for letting me look at yours.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.