Iris 'Superstition'

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

Common name: Iris 'Superstition'
Species Tall Bearded

Plant Link: http://plantsdatabase.com/go/36707/

Thumbnail by Larkie
Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

Oooh, this is one I have resisted buying in the catalogs. It looks like I might have to put it on the list for this year. Is it really almost black, Larkie? Schreiner's has about three in that category, and I want all of them. Thanks for posting this photo.

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

Thanks Aimee,
I wish the photo was better, but at least it got there..LOL..This posting photo's is all new to me and I have a lot to learn..And yes, it is this black..One of my favorites.
Larkie

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

You're doin great with the photos Larkie. I love the dark irises. That one's a beauty!

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

Larkie, I'm very new at posting photos also. Your Superstition iris looks very good. What zone are you in. I'm in 5-6. For the past couple of years I've thought my iris did not perform well. So I decided to try to improve the soil and their growing. I have about 50 or so named iris. I spread a little Planters 2, YumYum mix from High Country Gardens, mycorrhizae, and some alfalfa pellets around each plant, scratched all in and sprinkled. Now will see if I helped. No bud stalks showing here. Donna

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

I received this as a gift last year, no blooms..It has really made up for it this year.. It has made a large clump, and has about 30 blooms already..I am in zone 8..The only thing I do to my soil is add all my mulches from the mower, which is mostly grass clippings and oak leaves..My only fertilizer is rabbit, goose, duck, chicken, and goat
droppings..I clean the pens and add to my beds, hay and all..Thru the year I keep adding this and the oak leaves.
Larkie

(Zone 7a)

The picture looks like it was lost when the server failed; maybe you could upload it again and ask the administrators to remove the "broken" one.

:) B

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.