Gold Chrysalis

Ellabell, GA(Zone 8a)

On my vacation to the FL Keys I visited the butterfly house in Key West. It was amazing! Lots and lots of tropicals. I had one land in my hair and another one hitched a ride on my leg for about 15 minutes.
They hatch their butterflies in a room you can look into through a window. Unfortunatley I can't remember the name of the butterfly this turns in to. To much info, no notebook.
I wonder what the purpose of the gold color would be.

Thumbnail by Paintedlady
Old Town (Gainesvill, FL(Zone 8a)

Wow those are pretty chrysalis, where is the place you visited in the keys? Wouldn't mind heading down there myself :)

Katrina

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

Beautiful! That sounds like a fun thing to do when we go down there this summer. I tried to find out what butterfly has a solid gold chrysallis but I didn't have any luck. Mandy probably knows and I'm sure she'll stop by here soon

Ellabell, GA(Zone 8a)

My memory sucks sometimes! I didn't really pay attention to the name of the place. But it is located on Duval street in Key West. It's not on the party end of Duval, it's towards the other end. Maybe around 2000 block or so. Great place to visit.
This is one of the many butterflies in there. I need to get a ID book for tropicals

Thumbnail by Paintedlady
Old Town (Gainesvill, FL(Zone 8a)

Wow that is a real beauty. Hopefully I can make it down there one day I thinkit would be awesome to go to...

Katrina

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

What lovely butterfly...I'll take a look at my butterfly book tonight.
We're heading down in August, we'll find it. I want to do more of the touristy thing this time...we always spent a lot of time on the party end of Duval :)

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Wow, what a work of art those chrysalis are!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images