Standard Dwarf Bearded Iris 'Cherry Garden'

Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

A beautiful deep wine colour. Dwarf is a little misleading..mine is about 14 inches tall.

Common name: Standard Dwarf Bearded Iris 'Cherry Garden'
Family: Iridaceae
Genus: Iris

Plant Link: http://plantsdatabase.com/go/33494/

This message was edited Thursday, May 29th 9:36 AM

Thumbnail by Starzz
Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

I have this one! When it first bloomed I thought the name must be wrong. I was expecting red. Not sure if mine will bloom this year since I divided it last year.

Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

The "Cherry" part could be refering to the colour of a Bing cherry..it is such a nice deep wine shade..I really like it..I planted it last fall..so this is my first time seeing it.

(Zone 9b)

Such a pretty oone! I do not think I have seen the dwarf one.

Ocala, FL

This is such a pretty little iris! I wonder, will it grow near Middletown, Ohio? I have a friend up there who is landscaping her mother's yard, and maybe she can put some of these in.

Lancaster, PA

I think this "cherry garden" iris may get confused with the standard dwarf iris called "smooth". Both have a similar very dark burgundy color, but I think "cherry garden" is smaller than "smooth". I favor the "smooth" dwarf because it is taller and it can be seen from a greater distance. It is very possible that garden supply nurseries are selling the sdb "smooth" iris and mislabeling it as sdb "cherry garden" iris because they look so much the same in color.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.