Guess What I Got? Secret Trades

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

I've started this thread for y'all to post what you got in your secret trades and to thank those that sent them to you! Big Hugs to the Garden!!!

"eyes"

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

ooops, missed this - started another one - sorry! I was just so excited I wanted to let everyone know what I got!

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

hi everyone i hope you receive a box like i did it was so great that i didnt know what to do when i opened it i got it from kat7 she is a wonderfull secret trader she sent me a HUGE box full of goodies here goes:
shasta daisy---love those white flowers
creeping phlox--was looking for more of these alright!!!
coriopsis--love the fern leaves on these!!!!
lambs ear--wow what big leaves
balloon flower---- i cant get enough of these either!!!!!!
i love blue flowers
jack in the pulpit-- i was looking for these thank you thank you i can take off of my list now lol
bellflower in the campanula family pink --thanks i love the color on this one!!!!
yellow/brown bearded iris---dont think i had this one
lack eyed susans-- love the blooms
lily of the valley--i cant wait to see these bloom
yellow daylily looks like stella dora--love them too!!!!
purple gayfeather--i cant get enough of these plants lol!!!!!!!!
sedum---that i dont have just love the testure on that one
and another sedum i see why people want them now lol
baby's breath creeping--i have tried growing this from seeds but no luck now i dont have to worry about it lol
rock soapwort--i know i dont have this one but do now yes yes yes!!!!!!!
arnica american---never heard of this one so new to me lol i got a new plant!!!!!!!
i am so happy with my trader that i am ready to do it again lol.thanks so much kat7 you have made my week i will be outside planting when the sun starts to go down thank you i cant tell you enough your friend melissa

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Wowzers, Melissa......great box!!

"eyes"

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

wow, that was one huge box :)

Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

And so fast!

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Hi all! I got my secret trade box today! ( It is me and DH's 23rd Anniversary Today, So the secret trade box made the day "Extra Special!!")
I recieved the box from "Huggle 002", Very sweet person who put a lot of effort into this box!
Everything was packed very nicley! I got a 'Trumpet Lily' ( Pink Perfection) 6 Canna Tubers, 12 Dwarf Gladiolus Bulbs, 2 Dahlias, 3 Hellebore's, A nice little mass of Hen's and Chicks, A nice little mini photo album, A canopy bowl with floating candles ( dragonfly/Butterfly/Ladybug), 2 nice baskets for water plants, And a beautifull card! ( I hope I didn't forget anything as I was busily planting away and mixed the papers up a bit) She labeled everything and also wrote the info on how and where to plant everything, Even sent some photo's to show what certain ones would like when grown! ~Thank you Huggle 002, You put together a Wonderfull box!! And "Thank You Too Eyes" for starting the secret swap!
Love and Hug's to you both!! ~Iris

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

I got my box yesterday. Wow what a great one it was. Dispatcher1 sent a very nice package containing- great little salad herb book (full of lots of info in a small book), Sweetest painted rocks-one looks like an owl, one has an hummer so very cute, plants-lamb's ear, Russian Sage,purple cone flower, coral bells (beautiful bronze leaves), pineapple mint yummy smell, paprika yarrow, Penstemon (red huskers), sweet woodruf, bee balm, blackeyed susan, lady bells. I hope I didn't leave out anything. Again I say WOW. I realy am going to have to hunt for a place for all of these. Thanks Lou

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

After reading about these wonderful HUGE boxes I feel like I didn't do enough. This is my first swap and I've been a member for only a few weeks. I felt good about sending 2/3 of 6 different plants. Now I feel like it wasn't enough.

Of course, I haven't received anything yet! Look forward to finding goodies at my door.

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

O not to worry Shihtzumom, I'm sure your person will love it!

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

2/3 of 6 different plants is a great box!

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the positive responses. This is the very best investment I've made in a long time. I love davesgarden.

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Remember Shitzumom, it's the love that counts more than the plants, although plants are a fun part of it too!!! You did good first time out of the gate!!

"eyes"

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Shiht,
I been here 2or 3 years and still don't have it down pat so just know that most people love what they get.

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Shihtzmom,
I would have been happy with what you sent, And I'm sure that whoever recieves your box will be happy too :)
("Welcome To DG!" )

Bloomingdale, NJ(Zone 6a)

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU JODY!!
Came home from work to find my surprise box waiting-all kinds of wonderful stuff inside-none of which I have!!!
I got-ageratum 'wayside', amorphophallus 'kansas' (had to look that one up-what a weird plant), artemesia 'oriental limelight', butterfly ginger lily, daylily 'rustic orange', elephants ear 'black magic' (had this a while back but it died and wanted to try it again!), ornamental millet 'purple majesty', iris heirloom yellow, pink penstemon, pinella green dragon, sage, solomon hybrid 'easter eggplant' and tiger lilies-WOW-what a wonderful collection of plants-Oh yeah and I even got copper plant markers too! Can't wait to get out tomorrow and start planting!!
Kathy

Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

Hey Kathy, who was your secret giver :) Nice selection!!

Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

Lookie, Lookie :) I received my secret plants today and oh, how nice they look!!! Thank you so much Pardancanda ☺

Here's a list of what John wrapped and labeled so nicely for me:

Lime Scented Thyme
Ice Plant
Creeping Phlox
Coral Chalice Bearded Iris
Caesar's Brother Siberian Iris
Red Hot Poker
Purple Liatris
Hibiscus Seedlings
Rose Campion Lychnis
Delosperma cooperi

Thumbnail by Morph
"down the Shore", NJ(Zone 7a)

Hope you enjoy them, Morph! I had quite a time trying to find some of your wants, I finally mailed out your package about the time you posted to the "wish list"! John

Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

So sorry about the delay in posting on the other thread. I hadn't seen that done before so I didn't even think to look for it. It sure is a great idea and I'll know to look much sooner in the future! But, just getting new varieties of which you're not even familiar is soooo fun!

They look so healthy. I'll be using my Mantis Tiller to prepare where they will be going into my extended gardening area along the fence ~ a GREAT reason to use it again! My Iris collection is growing with your additions so that will be fun, too.

Thanks so much!

Grandview, TX(Zone 7b)

Just found this thread and wanted to tell EVERYBODY that I got a WONDERFUL box full of plants from Branka. I can't remember everything that was in the box right now, but will come back and edit.(sorry but I left it outside and I am afraid of sneaky snakes, hehe.

A beautiful card complete with a insert of all the plants in the box, how big they get and where to plant.
Ranuculas
hydrangea
creeping jenny
Thanks so much Branka!

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

Glad you are happy Kathy! I had a great time picking out plants, I think that is the funnest part of these trades. I had a nice note here for you too, and here it sits, LOL. I forgot to put it in the box and didn't notice until I had already mailed it. Keep that artemesia oriental limelight contained or plant it in an area that you don't mind if it spreads. ;)

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

Mailed my box out today and although I tried my best to put plants in there with variety, I don't have much to offer but put plants in and some other stuff that's not plants. I sure hope my person will like their box *holding my breath and wishing not to dissapoint anyone* :(

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

you never would flo! I know if I was to get it, I'd be happy.

Newark, OH(Zone 5a)

thanks tiG :) I'll be sweating though until I hear from my person :)

Cullman, AL(Zone 7a)

I believe I have Debdana to thank for TWO wonderful pots of Japanese blood grass...this has been on my wish list for a while now and I am THRILLED to have them!!!
THANK YOU DebDana!!!! I LOVE them!!

Albany, MO(Zone 5a)

Oh My! Eyesoftexas!!!! I received my box today!! I'm so excited...Soloman's Seal, Christ's Light Canna!!!, blue and pink Hyacintha, strawberry begonia, Mexican Petunia, hosta, variegated vinca vine, Falcon' Future Dahlia, Kidd's Climax Dahlia and lots of seeds!! I love absoutely everything!! I won't say ty,,,because in my neck of the woods it's bad luck to say ty when you receive a plant...but if you were here...I'd give you a great big hug, and a atta girl!

MossRose

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

That makes me soooooo happy, Moss Rose. I had you all packaged and ready to go before you posted your wish list. I tried to make sure that everything I sent you had originated from a trade or CoOp we've had here in DG. I think, hope, and pray that one day we will all have a piece of a plant from everyone of our friends here in the garden!! Take care, and keep on diggin'!!

"eyes"

Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

Arty, you're not supposed to know that yet! You have several more packages coming your way and the last was going to say that I was your secret trader. Poo!

I hope you like what else you'll be getting.

You are so kind to share your seeds
And boy was I thrilled that you met my needs

You've gotten some red,
Soon you'll see pink

Others will arrive that vary in size,
Some will be golden and others more dark

They'll arrive for awhile,
With hope that you'll smile

When you see black in the last that arrives,
I hope that your garden will grow in its size

This message was edited Thursday, Jun 12th 9:01 PM

Cullman, AL(Zone 7a)

Hey Morph...if you was a man I'd marry ya!!!!
What a great poem!
What a sweetheart!!!
The shipper gave you away....LOL!!!!!!
Thank you so much, I have wanted these and now I am about to have a heart attack waiting for the others....LOL!!!!!!!

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

Ya know all the "multi" packages gives me an idea. I know I know Molly is thinking again but this time I might be on to something LOL

Since a couple of you seem to be sending more than one box, I wonder what a "multi box secret trade" would be like? There would have to be limits to the # of boxes, and maybe a limit as to the amount of plants and cost of each box. Say limit of no less than 3 boxes(all small to med size) and maybe no more than 5.
Any thoughts on this crazy idea?

Grandview, TX(Zone 7b)

MollyBee-
Are you volenteering to set this one up? HAHA.-
It would be cool to have each participant get like three different boxes from three different people! That would be cool! Great idea!

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

Hmmmm I guess I could do it. I have never done one, not even a regular secret swap. Maybe just maybe someone that "knows" how can volunteer to do it, and just let it be my idea. LOL
Let's see what everyone else thinks about it too.

Brazil, IN(Zone 5a)

mollybee sounds like a great idea! I bet you could handle it.

Just look at my wonderful trader box!

I want to "not say thanks" (hehehe) to bamasharon. I love my surprises! I'm so excited I can't wait to get in the garden and do some planning with my new perrennial gardeners handbook and the photo book is gorgeous. I got 1-josephs coat, 2 pampass grass (with instructions), 1 living stone, 2 belgium mums, 2 purple dianthus, 1 mother-n-law tongue, 2 wondering jews (hope no one's offended i think that's actually the name of the plant) Everything made it wonderfully sharon and I have been wanting several of these and will cherish them. Tracy (DH also wants to thank you for the planning book as I'm just kinda ruining his mowing pattern planting things willy nilly)

Thumbnail by hillbilliebo
Hobart, IN(Zone 5a)

Toadlily, I'm glad they arrived safely, I'm sure they are going to be very happy at their new home, enjoy!

Fort Edward, NY(Zone 5a)

Hi all. I recieved my secret trade yesterday. It couldn't have come on a more special day, because after waiting for many years for a child, dh and I were finally called, and we picked up our NEW BABY BOY YESTERDAY!!!!!! He is SOOOO amazing, and his name is Daniel. When we got home from the hospital, there it was, my secret trade! It came from Sue_WA, and it was INCREDIBLE!!!!
I got a beautiful handmade card
Peonies
veriegated Bishops Weed
Ladys Mantle
Lillium-Specorum rubrum
Everbearing Strawberries
Beautiful red Mini Roses
Bachelor Buttons Seeds
Zinnia Lilliput mix seeds
AND a STUNNING tulip mug
I hope I havent missed anything...I am running on about 2 hours sleep right now....
What a special way to end such a SPECIAL DAY
Thanks so much Sue...the box is amazing!!!

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

Huggle, Congratulations!!!!!!!! What a great day! I'm sure you will have you hands full for awhile. How about a picture of Daniel? Lou

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

wow!!! a baby?? how cool is that????

Burlington, IA(Zone 5a)

Hello All!

I received my box on Wednesday. It was full of wonderful surprises, just like Christmas! I had left work with the intent of getting my secret trader's plants dug and low and behold, there was my box! Everything was so carefully packed and there was an informative list of all the plants. She even had plant labels attached to each plant! I will edit tonight and list all the goodies ( I am at work and don't have my list with me)

Here we are...

TB Iris - "Blue Luster"
Lamium Maculatum "Golden Anniversery"
Passiflora edulis
Woodland Phlox (phlox divaricata)
White Musk Mallow "Malva moschata"
Hollyhock "Peaches & Dreams"
Straw Foxglove (Digitalis lutea)
Tall Garden Phlox
Shasta Daisy "Silver Princess"
Bloody Cranesbill (geranium sanguineum)
Peachleaf Bellflower (Campanula persicifolia)
Tunic Flower (Pertrorhagia saxifragra)
Coleus "Inky Fingers"."South of the Border"." and Trailing Plum"

Thank you Poppysue, you did a great job! It was a wonderful surprise! I did not have any of these plants. I hope my trader enjoys her box as much as I enjoyed mine!

Lori

This message was edited Friday, Jun 13th 9:54 PM

"down the Shore", NJ(Zone 7a)

I was thrilled to receive a wonderful package from Kathleen, containing several new additions to my collection of hardy Geraniums. Each was a variety new to my garden. Also, several nice divisions of a Rose that has been on my wish list for a long time: 'Tuscany'. THANK YOU, Kathleen, your thoughtful selections are much appreciated! Thanks also to "eyes" for organizing this secret trade! John

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.