Black-eyed Susan, Gloriosa Daisy, Yellow Ox-eye Daisy 'Indian Summer' (Rudbeckia

Baldwin Park, CA(Zone 9a)

Common name: Black-eyed Susan, Gloriosa Daisy, Yellow Ox-eye Daisy 'Indian Summer'
Family: Asteraceae
Genus: Rudbeckia
Species hirta

Plant Link: http://plantsdatabase.com/go/54127/

Thumbnail by sodakine
Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

Oh that's so pretty..what a lovely lush bouquet that would make. Mine seem to be sparse..tall and tend to lean over some times..not in this photo though.
Do you know the difference between the ones with the red centres pictured here beside the palin yellow blooms?
Cheers,
Carol

Thumbnail by Starzz
Baldwin Park, CA(Zone 9a)

Thank you, Starzz! I didn't have luck with the ones with red centers. They all died! I prefer the plain yellow ones as I am partial to yellow flowers. Some of my Indian Summer do lean over, so I just stake them up with 4 feet-long stakes.

My Mom was hospitalized last week, and I made her a bouquet with all of these yellow flowers and some ferns. I must've used about 80 flowers. It made a big hit at the hospital. I got so many compliments. All the nurses wanted this bouquet. Some people even thought they were fake.

Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

Lovely..we must have been thinking alike..hope your Mom's feeling better soon. I'm sure your flowers will have helped.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.