Left over paints/spray paints

I decided to respray my MC a couple of years ago but couldn't decide what color. I bought 2 small cans of blue and burgandy just to see. As it turns out I never used either opting for something else which left 2 metal spray paints 3/4 full. I also had some silver anti rust paint left over from the same job and decided to try and cheer up some plastic garden pots with all 3, the pots still look great while the bike needs another respray LOL. Wall paints look great painted on terracotta and you don't have to be a great artist either. Beats paying a fortune out on coloured pots in the garden centre and saves throwing away an expensive chemical too.

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

That reminds me of something I did a few years ago. I like the new lightweight planters that look like cast stone. But they are a bit expensive. When we finished painting the trim on our new home, I had a half gallon of outdoor latex paint, in a neutral gray/taupe color. I bought two of the large plastic fake terra-cotta pots with a raised design, and sponged the outdoor latex paint on them, leaving it heavier in the relief areas. The pots are now four years old and still look great. The same thing could be done with other colors to simulate verdigris or rust finishes.

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

What a great idea Go Vols. I think I will try that with the plastic pots.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images