Snowball Tree 'Rosemum'

Bend, OR(Zone 6a)

Common name: Snowball Tree 'Rosemum'
Family: Viburnum opulus

Plant Link: http://plantsdatabase.com/go/57586/

Thumbnail by starshine
Morell East, Canada

I would like to find a way of getting a slip from this tree so I can have one for myself. If there is anyone out there that can help me that would be great. You can e-mail me ( [email protected] )

Bradford, PA(Zone 5a)

This looks like the snowball bush my Mom had. I thought I was getting it when I bought mine but it is a different viburnum. Last Summer I took part in collecting data on viburnumleaf beetle. See http://www.hort.cornell.edu/vlb/pest.htm

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Thank you so much for the information, Pyrola5.

Edited to say how much I love this plant. We finally found one last year and planted it in the front yard. It doesn't much like the afternoon heat here in Zone 8a but surprised me with quite a lot of new growth and lovely snowballs this Spring. I'm already looking forward to next Spring and more snowballs. So far, the plant has remained pest free.

This message was edited May 18, 2006 7:22 PM

Perris, CA(Zone 9a)

This is a beautiful photo!! Thanks for sharing it with us..

Thanks again,

Chuck

windsor, Canada

love the picture...Just a quick question...I purchased my snowball last year and I recently noticed shoots from the bottom of the snowball...do I cut these shoots or leave them be?

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

koolaid, leave the new shoots intact - your bush is growing, lucky you!

Charlotte, NC

Complete novice looking for advice. My grandmother has a snowball tree in her yard that has been there as long a I can remember. I'd like to take a piece of it and give to each of my cousins, her grandchildren, so that as we all spread out and start our own families, we can have this piece of our family history.
I just really don't know how to accomplish this. It sounds like I need to do it in the spring when the tree is in bloom. Is that right? Do I just take a piece off and put it in water to see if it grows roots? I've also read that maybe I should take a shoot from the ground near the trunk if there are any. As you can tell I really don't know what I'm doing! :) Any help would be appreciated!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.