Delicate Subject?

Rapid City, SD(Zone 7b)

Melissa,

I hate to hear about you getting burned. This would happen many times at GW which is why I am no longer there. I don't trade as much a I used to. Now, I sell all my extras and buy what I want. Dont' know if this will do any good. But I have a huge Wild Blueberry bush that I was going to send to the compost pile. If you want it, its yours. I'll have to cut it back in order to avoid paying a fortune for postage LOL! I'll put it in the mail to you and maybe this will in some way lighten the expense you made shipping plants to those less deserving. I console myself in thinking that "if they could grow beauty they wouldn't have to steel from those of us that can".

Let me know and send you address.

Daisy

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Oh wow! Its been awhile since I last saw this thread! I am finding more that every single thing I sent out for postage, I never saw the postage. But... lesson learned. Like its been said here MANY times before, its sad, but you learn! :o)

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

Sorry Shelly. I think it has happen to all of us at one time or another. I still go by the honor system because I never know what the postage willbe until i ship it and don't want to hold package until recieving payment or it would be dead. I usually have 1 or 2 that send extra and that usually covers who didn't pay. I'm happy to say so far here at Daves I have not been stiffed out of postage. Did have it happen at GW. I also am no longer a member there. It is not a nice place.

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

Still a newbie, sending out my first for postage, I never thought about getting stiffed, maybe it was because of people like Wandasflowers and Mollybee. You guyrs were among my first even tho they were sase I was only a member at the time and felt very honored that they took the time to email me back and send me seeds. This place is the best, I love the people and all the info I get. If anyone ever thinks I did something wrong or forgot them PLEASE let me know do I can correct it and make sure I dont ever do that again.
Janet

Riverside, CA(Zone 9b)

It is my considered opinion that people who stiff other members on trades should be reported and suspended after an inquiry period. How else will others know whom they can trust? I have so far been fortunate. Everyone who has traded with me has been honest, generous and careful. And I trade on three websites, including GW. I suppose I am forunate. But I do think that dishonest traders should be exposed and suspended.

Milton, FL(Zone 8a)

Word has a way of getting around by private email.I have mentioned those who didn't hold up their end of trades and didn't respond to emails to most of my trading friends over time.I have considered posting the names of deadbeats on my private trade page.All that said,most (99%)of the people here at DG are honest traders.Sometimes the stuff we get is disappointing but at least the effort was made.I have only had one deadbeat trader at Dave's and she is still here.
A very few have forgotten to return postage.All in all,not a bad deal since my yard and garden are full of plants sent to me by members here.Even those don't compare to the friends I have made since I became a member.Go to some of the swaps if you can.We all love to gossip!

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Well said G2S!

Gonzales, LA(Zone 9a)

I have been tradeing for some time over this web site and really have enjoyed it and gotten some really nice plants and made some good friends who we have made multiple trades. I can truely say over the time I have only had (1) (MAN) who needed elephant ears for his pond in Tuson, Az who didn't follow thru on the deal.....and upon a reminder I'd get....Oh, you haven't recieved it yet?? Ha.....so there are some out there that you do have to be careful of but you don't know it till its too late, but overall I'd say the majority of Dave's garden members or traders are friendly and generious. Thanks for letting me vent...

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Here is a wonderful tool that we can all use for free!! Just print out yor shipping lable and the delivery confirmation at the same time. You still have to take it to the PO to get it scanned, but there is no .45 fee. If you know the postage, you can register and the postage will be billed to you later. At least this way no one can say they didn't get it!!

https://sss-web.usps.com/ds/jsps/index.jsp

OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA(Zone 4b)

Thanks for the tip, Azalea!

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

I tried to count up how many packages & seeds I sent out this year--USPS loves me. Anyway, I DID keep track of postage & trades returned & 98% of DG people followed thru. I had 2 packages that never reached their destinations which I had to re-send. The darn boxes will probably appear by Christmas--with only the irises still alive...

I will joyfully post photos of all my new trade heritage irises & daylilies next summer. Can't wait to see them bloom! Where else would I find such a variety then DG?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images