New Richmond, WI

Common name: Hosta 'Blue Angel'
Family: Liliaceae
Genus: Hosta

Plant Link: http://plantsdatabase.com/go/2918/

Thumbnail by streaker71
Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

very nice plant; real "eye candy"
Now, I wanna know if you were a streaker in 1971?

Mercer, PA(Zone 5a)

streaker71; first I'd like to say that yer 'Blue Angel' looks angelic! And I too would also be interested in hearin if indeed you were a "disco" streaker!

TC...

New Richmond, WI

NOt quite!! LOL!! let me start by explaining the name. I was born in 71 and am partial to streaked hosta. Thanks for the comments on BA. It has been a very quick grower and the above plant is ony two years old.

shucks! I was having such a great fanatasy life about you..

Mercer, PA(Zone 5a)

LOL wood!!

S71; Oh, that explains everthing! I'm a tad older than you and remember that disco music was just startin to hit it big about the time you were born. I still like to hear "Stayin Alive" by the Bee Gees ever so often ♫

Yer BA has indeed been a quick grower. Looks very healthy along with the others I see in the foto. Is that 'Paul's Glory' I see on the right, the yellow one?

TC...

New Richmond, WI

TC, that is actually a small Paradise Power. Sun Power sport from Fransen, dont quote me on that, with green margins.

Mercer, PA(Zone 5a)

Oh, thanks s71, I may havta check into gettin me a 'Paradise Power', I like the leaf shape and the green margins it has.

TC...

a tad older, eh? I'm a generation older but still enjoyed the BeeGees......

Mercer, PA(Zone 5a)

wood; "a generation older" than who or what?? "Night fever...night fever..." ♫ ♫ ☺ ♫ ♫

TC...

older'n streaker71.I had my first birthday on D-Day, care to make a guess?

Mercer, PA(Zone 5a)

62 Spirit years young.

TC...

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

tc, born in 62? That would make me a tad bit older than you. I'm a 1960 model myself.

Woodspirit1, if I add up all the numbers in your birthdate I come up with 20, am I close, right or way off base?

Streaker, Blue Angel will always be my favorite hosta. I didn't even know hostas existed 3 years ago when my FIL passed away on June 6, 2000. We went to the nursery to pick out flowers and I saw this huge plant they had growing there. DH bought me three of them and that was the start of my horticultural experience. They are Blue Angel Hostas and I love them dearly. The rest is history. LOL I've become hopelessly addicted since.

Woodspirit1, I just realized while typing this about the Blue Angel hosta that June 6 might be a significant day for you?

Yes, I was born June 6, 1943, D-day was June 6 1944. I am not 20, roflmao, I am 60

Mercer, PA(Zone 5a)

Well I was close Woodspirit! I mistakenly thought D-Day year was 1941, had it confused with Pearl Harbor's year.

JoanJ; No, I wasn't born in '62, that was my incorrect guess at Wood's age.

My birth year is....care to guess anyone?

Hint: It's after 1900 but before 2003.

TC...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images