Only a few more days to enter our 19th Annual Photo Contest. Voting starts this Friday! You can submit your best images HERE

Bat Flower, Cat's Whiskers, Devil Flower (Tacca chantrieri)

ehrikon, Switzerland(Zone 6b)

Common name: Bat Flower, Cat's Whiskers, Devil Flower
Family: Taccaceae
Genus: Tacca
Species chantrieri

Plant Link: http://plantsdatabase.com/go/54257/

Thumbnail by bert
Fremont, CA(Zone 9a)

WOW! I don't see the bat, but the other two common names are appropriate. Nice photo, cool flower.

Watauga, TX(Zone 8a)

WOW is right! That's a cool flower. Thanks for sharing the photo.

Is it true that Bat Flower plants get wind burn easily?

I'll have to start looking for one of these! :)I've only seen one of the white ones before.

Blenheim, New Zealand

nice photo the flower is a floral arrangment by i't self

where can i find one

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

They are very particular and a little difficult to grow. You almost need a greenhouse.

Thumbnail by rylaff
Lake City, FL

we have it how do you multiply it

Spartanburg, SC

I love it! Ordered some seeds from Thompson & Morgan but never planted them due to the difficulty of germination. They have to germinate at about 85 degress F. for months. Anyway, Thompson & Morgan has it, and also, a rare white form, T. nivea. Great pics. Tks

Spartanburg, SC

Found my seeds of Tacca chantrieri. Have been in the freezer. Would like to give them to someone who can grow this challenging plant.

Arlington, TX

Hi. I just bought some seeds off of Ebay. Don't know anything about this plant. I live in North Central Texas. Will it grow ok here? This pic is of what it will and should look like. Any advice? My email is [email protected]

Thumbnail by breascoolmom

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.