Ancient Egyptian room nearly done..

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

Heres some pics of my new egyptian room thats almost finished..still need to get all the curtains up and things arranged better..but this will give all of you an idea what it looks like now..

Thumbnail by Eclipse
Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

another view....

Thumbnail by Eclipse
Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

still another..

Thumbnail by Eclipse
Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

One more for now..

Thumbnail by Eclipse
Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Ohh cool Kyle! You have quite a talent there for decorating :o) I guess that's why your gardens come out so good. It looks great. You've done a fabulous job!

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

Thanks! still a ways to go yet..but its getting there.
:-)

Milo, IA(Zone 5a)

Kyle: It is fantastic. Did you do the drawing on the wall. Everything is exquisite. You have had to been collecting all your artifacts for awhile.

Piedmont, MO(Zone 6a)

Looks like a museum! My husband would love this room. Any chance you could share with us some of your sources for these throws and statues? I live in a rural area and shop online a lot and would like to get him a few Egyptian things. Thanks, Susan (Toxic)

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

Toxic..there is a store in Des Moines here that sells most of these statues and throws..also online on his website.
www.egyptiantreasure.com I also get things from Design Toscano in Chicago..also online.

Thumbnail by Eclipse
Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

Debby,
The drawing on the wall is getting painted in like real wall paintings.I got the patterns from line drawings and scanned them then made transparencies to project and trace on the walls. Then I fill them in with color. :-) They will cover 3 walls when I'm done. I hope!!!LOL

Piedmont, MO(Zone 6a)

Great websites, Eclipse, Thanks so much!
Susan

Milo, IA(Zone 5a)

Kyle: The line drawing looks great as is. So, I know it will look fabulous when painted. The whole room looks Marvelous. Good job well done.

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

Tanx! :-)

OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA(Zone 4b)

Beautiful, Kyle!

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Gosh Kyle, that looks great. You have done a lot to get this room ready. Can't wait to see the finished project.

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

Wow! I don't know what I like the most. What is the make/color of paint? It's beautiful! I love the harpist drawing on the wall, too, the coverlet and especially the door panels. Great Job!

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

Wood, the color was a computer match of a sample from somewhere I don't remember..I tried to match the wall color with some temple and tomb wall colors so the pics on the walls will look more natural.

It appears to be awfully close to one I saw advertised called Sugar Maple, but I don't remember who made it. Beautiful!

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

More recent pics of the walls...I have them almost finished with the murals now......more later on....

Thumbnail by Eclipse
Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

One more..

Thumbnail by Eclipse

Kyle,
The room is looking good. Hope all is going well with your job and you'll be commiting to attending our round-up! We look forward to another informative teaching session from you.

Applause! Applause!

Milo, IA(Zone 5a)

Excellent. Kyle you always could go into Interior Decorating, if your new position doesn't meet your expectations. Love the Gold Drapes, they really set the whole room off.

Piedmont, MO(Zone 6a)

Thanks for posting more pics, Kyle. The room looks fantastic!

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

Ahhhh shucks!!!!!! ((BLUSHING)) and yes I'll make the next Iowa roundup.

Cuyahoga Falls, OH(Zone 5a)

Absolutely fabulous ! What a talent you have for decorating ! My husband loves Egyptian art. He would just love that bedroom.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Wow, that looks great! Did you do all the painting yourself? Don't tell me you know how to sew too...LOL!! Seriously, it really is pretty.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I'm just reading this thread for the first time. WOW, you did a great job, Kyle! The murals are awesome and I like the rich gold of the walls.

Crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

Beautiful! I love the wall colour.

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

The wall color was computer matched at Lowes to match the color of some of the ancient tombs in Egypt.

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

More updated pics...

Thumbnail by Eclipse
Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

Anubis the oversear of the underworld.

Thumbnail by Eclipse
Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Your murals turned out great! Is that just regular latex paint? The colors are so rich and beautiful.

Beautiful!

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

Gardenwife..I use Delta brand dreamcoat paints as well as other craft type acrylic paints.You can get metallics in them that look just like gold and bronze,copper, etc now.Quick drying and Michaels or Hobby Lobby carry hundreds of colors.I try to use authentic colors that were used in Egypt.Only about 6 base colors that they used. :-)

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Thanks, Kyle. If we ever get our kitchen painted, I want to put some sort of mural on the back wall, around the window facing the back yard.

Albany (again), NY(Zone 5b)

Beautiful room - the first picture gave me a laugh.

I think if I woke up with that statue next to my bed (and it was dark), I'd probably scream. I do admire your creativity! :)

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

One more pic...........west wall.

Thumbnail by Eclipse
Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

The Queens mummy case...........

Thumbnail by Eclipse
Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

Tut's throne over 4 feet tall.I love this statue..took forever to get it. :-)

Thumbnail by Eclipse

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.