Turk's-Turban, Sky Rocket, Bowing Lady (Clerodendrum indicum)

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Turk's-Turban, Sky Rocket, Bowing Lady
Clerodendrum indicum

seed head ripe with fruit

Thumbnail by justmeLisa
Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

Hey Lisa,
Are yours planted or in pots? Mine are in pots and I have to prop them against a wall or the just go right over. It's a pretty flower and fruit though

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Hi Stac, mine are in the ground and yep, they bend waaaay over, makes a pretty arch over my walkway :0)though. I want to try to start some from seeds, but don't know when to pick them..any help?

Also, my descripiton reads:"seed head ripe with fruit" would that be a right statement?lol

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

I haven't collected seed but haven't had any seedlings either. Have you had any problem with this plant spreading aggressivly? I've read that it can be invasive so I'm very leery about actually planting it here

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Stacy, I"ve had mine in the ground for 2 years now. A few (maybe 3) runners have shot up from the roots, so I suppose it could get out of hand, it is so pretty however that I don't mind.

Lutz, FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks Lisa, that makes me feel much better about the plant :) Maybe I'll plant one of them this spring

Atlanta, GA

Where can I get the plant (or Seeds) for Turk's Turban. I'm in Atlanta.
Thanks,
Judy

Covington, LA(Zone 8b)

Here's a shot of mine. I didn't know which clero it was when I bought it. What a show!! Mine is in the ground--and I have lots of suckers to trade.

Thumbnail by Flicker

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images