Post cards

Lorain, OH(Zone 5b)

With the increasing cost of postage, and my love of sending out X-Mas cards, I have come up with a solution, I take old X-Mas cards that have been sent to me that are the "right" size and I cut off the fronts and send then as post cards, it is sooo much cheaper, when you are sending out over a hundred cards every year.

Port Huron, MI(Zone 5b)

My grandma used to cut around the picture on the front with pinking shears and write on the back, using them like package tags.Now package tags are easily a dollar store item, but she was depression age, widowed and successfully raising two kids. It paid to be frugal then as we all know....I can only imagine...after some of the stories I've heard.
Sandy

Jacksonville, TX(Zone 8b)

Sandy, I still do that with mine :) I have champagne taste, and beer budget, as they say :), and I think the Christmas cards are soo much prettier than the cheepy or freebies that I've found. Plus, as an added bonus, this year, by DD can help cut them out- fun project for her!

Trish

Port Huron, MI(Zone 5b)

I still do it too, but I am a little more selective than what she was. They are too pretty to only be used once.I suppose with DD you could even add more fun with some craft glue, markers, maybe some glitter.

Joshua Tree, CA(Zone 8b)

I really like this idea! Thanks!

Knoxville, TN

Hey
Thats a great ideal for this Christmas.and I know just where I have seen tons of old fashion one.
The Thrift stores have them sometimes in a box for
little or nothing.And why can,t I do this for special
days thru the year.Yes I think I will go see if I can find some today lol
Hey michele you want herblady to send you a early Christmas card???
luv HB

Olympia, WA

have you tried making your own postcards? easy cut out a picture that you like glue it onto construction paper/ tag board for stiffness and viola!! or actual i like to cut out a piece a littel larger than the board that way i can trim after gluing. national geographic magazines have great pictures. and i bet some of you have gardening mags with great pictures of flowers and such. great activity for kids too. btw they don't have to be rectangular.

quynh

Lorain, OH(Zone 5b)

Sure Herblady I'd love a X-Mas card from you

Port Huron, MI(Zone 5b)

In addition to not being rectanglular or square, they do not need to be cut out with regular scissors.Besides pinking shears, now the craft stores offer many types of shaped scissors.I also cross stitch Xmas gift tags on the perforated paper and put not only names but the year on them. I work on them all year.After all the gifts are done, I go thru the ribbon and loop some thru the corner and viola, you have a Xmas tree decoration, with a memory. On the back of these there are many options..stiff cardboard, construction paper, fabric. Sometimes I also use mini clothes pins that I've painted with acrylic paint, then glued to the back. They are secure on a package and also on a tree limb

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images