need more help

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 7b)

I have heard people talk about this and have seen it a couple of times but can't figure out how to do it.(I'm alittle slow)lol. I was told that you can train a vine like wisteria to grow like a tree. I have even seen the trumpet vines done this way. How would I do this? Step by Step please if possible. I am very new to this.

Thanks,Venessa

Franktown, CO(Zone 5a)

Just keep trimming the sprouts down the trunk and the main stem will become tree-like and thick. I saw a rose of sharon that way and it is neat.

Palmyra, VA(Zone 7a)

Don't forget to stake the trunk. You have to trim all the suckers as Deanne posted, but tie the leader to something for support. I'm working on one right now.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 7b)

Hi, just wanted to say thank you for the info. Now I have to go get me a nice vine to do this with. At least now I have an excuse why I have to plant shop.LOL.

Venessa

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 7b)

Oh Karma would you think about parting with one. I don't have alot to trade,mostly veggies but I would be more than happy to send postage.

Venessa

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 7b)

Karma maybe the fall would be best. They will be stronger so it's less likely I can kill them.lol. Thanks so much.

Venessa

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.