HELP decorate my Seaside Condo

Myrtle Beach, SC(Zone 8a)

I would like HELP on decorating my NEW home.
I want to use a LOT of wicker and beach baby items, I will
be beach combing for items as well to use in the decorating
process.
I was born and raised in San Pedro California and LOVE the
ocean, as well as the decor that comes along with it.
Can you give me your TIPS, TRICKS & ADVICE on helping me
decorate it?
NOTE: And YES, I am a Parrot Head! lol
I want to do this with a real comfy and welcoming feel added
to EACH & EVERY room.

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

Do a Hawaiian theme, exotic silk flowers,bamboo trim, wicker and tropical pics.Even use silk palms or bananas trees for effect. :-)

Cambria, CA(Zone 10a)

Hope this link comes out ok. I have tropical decor at the beach. Mine is mostly the stuff from the 30s/40s but some of the new stuff is attractive. I like the look of these drapes, but especially the way they did the wall in rattan. Look in eBay under hawaiiana for fun things. You'll have a great time decorating in beach style.

http://www.thecompanystore.com/HanoverAssets/TCS/large_images/gj29x.jpg

Cambria, CA(Zone 10a)

Well, that was a bust. Let's try this:

Looks like that'll work. There's other cool tropical stuff at thecompanystore.com that isn't too pricey.

Thumbnail by stellapathic

The bamboo & drapes are GORGEOUS! Thanks! I especially like the sheerness of them letting the light in, but keeping prying eyes OUT.

Dave & I went to "Peer One", now I am INPRESSED! We found a silver wine rack for ONLY $15, some GORGEOUS baboo place mats, wicker & more wicker, and there are NO WORDS to describe their multi-colored and shaped glasswares. I am HOOKED!

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Pier 1 is awesome - we just got one in town a couple years ago and I found some beautiful stuff there for Christmas this year. I had the impression they were really pricey, but they had a lot of stuff for reasonable prices (as well as some pricey stuff, of course).

I will be taking photos for all to see soon of my new decor. It may take me a few weeks, as I have my plate quite full with doing murals for clients & trying to finish up quite a few projects before Winter comes.

Here is the plans we are now implimenting, and or, finishing up:

Living Room = Look & Feel of the interior of a ship, with other seaside decor. (Main color Blue)

Kitchen = Oriental theme with dark rich colors with original ideas I come up with. (Main colors candy apple red & maroon)

Guest 1/2 Bath = Little Pigs & Sunflowers Theme (Main color Yellow)

Master Bedroom = Roman theme with lots of fabrics and pillows. (Main colors Maroon & Gold)

Master Bath = Nature theme. (Main color Hunter's Green)

Spare bedroom / Study = Worldly travels theme. (Main colors rich brown wood tones).

Back Porch = Tribal / Tropical rest & relaxation Theme. (Main colors rich earth tones.)

Front Porch = A soft Seaside Cottage Garden Theme using Bonsai, Native Flora & Other, Container plants, Unique little statues I pick up here & there, Plant Sitters, and a homemade Pine Bark & seashell mulch. (Main Color Various Greens)

Happy Harvest,
Texas Jewel

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Sounds nice and I can't WAIT to see pictures!

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Wow, you are ambitious. And from San Pedro. I grew up in Lomita.
Anyway, a lot of the beach homes we have rented have bamboo or reed type roller blinds. They are heavy but cut the glare, are less likely to rot from the sun, and have a distinct tropical air. You could easily use drapes over them if "lots of fabric" is what you love.

If it's finishing up this may be irrelevant but I couldn't resist saying HI to someone so close to my teeny hometown.

Moab, UT(Zone 6b)

Hey, Jewel, .... Pictures ??

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

I would also love to see pictures! And, I'm another Pier One addict. LOL

We have gotten a TON of stuff from local yard sales, some VERY pretty wicker and other items. We are now giving and getting on Freecycle, and have given away lots of cool items, as well as gotten a 19" TV, a Hoover vacume, and some other items we can use. I was introduced to Freecycle by a garden friend, it is a place where you can give and get FREEBIES local to your area, this way you help prevent overflowing land fills and promote recycling.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Freecycle is great! http://freecycle.org will take folks to their local chapters.

Thank you gardenwife! :)

Freecycle is so awesome, and you really feel like you are part of something larger than yourself, helping to make a REAL difference locally. And ... helping locally TOGETHER we all make a difference GLOBALLY!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.