Red Bird of Paradise, Dwarf Poinciana, Pride of Barbados, Peacock Flower, flambo

New Braunfels, TX

Stunning plant - can it be had outside of Hawaii? I now live in the Texas Hill Country, between San Antonio & Austin. I'd love to give it a try.

Auburndale, FL

If anyone can point me to someplace I can procure either an actual small version of this tree, pink flowers and all, or just seeds with which to grow it, I would be extremely grateful. I have the red flowered versions already, but I really need one of these pink ones.

San Jacinto, CA

Does anyone know which type Bird of Paradise plant is the most feathery, w/out woody stems? I live in zone 8 or 9 in the California high desert area. I see those plants all around butvalwayscin reddish color (some reddish-orange). I want to plant a couple in full sun & others in partial sun. Any help is greatly appreciated.

San Jacinto, CA

I was surprised to find out that these plants are deciduous since I've never seen them w/out leaves in my area (the high desert). Maybe it depends on the zone? Does anyone know? I've only seen them with leaves all year round in my area so I'm confused.

Acton, CA(Zone 8b)

Many plants are deciduous in one climate and not in another.. this is certainly one of those

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.