Secret tropical/subtropical plant trade

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Got mine...very excited! Shipping on Friday. Barbara...you have mail!

Biloxi, MS(Zone 8b)

Got Mine! I plan to ship on Friday also.
Charla

Birmingham, AL(Zone 8a)

Got mine; already shipped!

Woodville, TX(Zone 8a)

Got mine, will mail out this week. Jenny

Livermore, CA(Zone 9a)

Mine is leaving for Texas today. I sure hope she likes it.

Patricia

Mount Hermon, LA(Zone 8b)

I mailed the box today. Hope it survives this heat! Happy gardening!

Jean

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Got Mine..............leaving here on Friday.

"eyes"

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Is there a thread that tells what people got? I'd love to see it.

Biloxi, MS(Zone 8b)

Hello everyone!
I got my box today and just had to share with you. It was from Dottnmd. It is sooo great! I got a gardenia, a clivia seedling, a plumeria start, a desert rose start, orange canna, and another canna(i think) that has dark purple foilage. I am so very very happy with this box of plants and will give them all a good home! Thank you Dorothy so much!

I had planned to mail mine tommorrow but have just found out that I have to go of town tonight. So, it will go out Monday instead.

Thanks to Bward for doing this!
Charla

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6b)

You were right Molly, it didn't take much for Charla to figure out who sent her very secret box. Your very welcome Charla and I hope everything grows like wild weeds for you.

Dott

Saint Petersburg, FL(Zone 9b)

sent my box out today ...... looking forward to getting one...

Woodville, TX(Zone 8a)

sent my box out today and it was very full-hope I didn't leave anything out. It has been raining for two days without stopping and more is expected through the weekend. At least my box should have cool weather since it doesn't have to travel that far. Jenny

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

delphiniumdiva!! I got my package today! I cant wait to go look them up! How exciting! Thank you for the Eranthemum, Glory bower, Morning glory vine, and the Mexican Petunia! I will do my best to over winter them, and do right by them!

Prattville, AL(Zone 8a)

got mine out today..heading south :-)

Should arrive by saturday...

*drooling over all these lovely plants*

im getting excited and watching the mail box like a hawk....lol

thx, Carol

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

I am out of town until Sunday. I will get mine ready to go out this weekend. I'm just hoping what I send will not be 'duplicates'!! LOL Thanks for including me! I am also getting excited!

glenmora, LA(Zone 8a)

sent mine out yesterday,sure hope they like something if not all i sent,looking for to getting mine.

Prattville, AL(Zone 8a)

WOW!!! LouisianaSweetPea, I got my boxes today..I'm still on cloud nine...TY! TY! TY! :-) You really went way out to send such a nice collection of BEAUTIFUL plants. Everything looks so nice, I had none of the plants you sent, they will have a very special place in my 'Garden of Friends'..I'm still so excited I can hardly sit still to type this...hehehe...

Jean sent
* Marguerite Sweet Potato Vine
* Orange Bird of Pariadise
* Plantation Banana
* Helichrysinus
* Jewels of Opar
* Zinger Midnight-Black Ginger
* Caladium
* Persian Shield
and a very nice card & and instructions on how to care for each plant...

Thank you Jean for such a lovely gift!

Carol

Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

I wish I would have seen this thread.Sounds like it was fun!

Saint Petersburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I got mine today I am very happy with the Pink v ginger,colocasia"illustruus",curcuma"petolata" two brugs that I didn't have french vinilla and temple goddess thanks lilcajunlady

Mount Hermon, LA(Zone 8b)

Carol, I am so glad that you were pleased with the box, and that the plants made the trip without croaking :D

That's a 'plantain' banana pup. You know.... those "healthy" bananas that are ripe when they turn black. Then you peel them, slice 'em, saute them in butter, and then sprinkle with sugar. LOL.

Happy gardening sweetie!

Jean

Yazoo City, MS(Zone 7b)

Molly, Molly!
I am thrilled! I got a wonderful collection from Santa Molly! You should have seen me digging in that box! There was a surprise in every nook and in between also!
Molly sent me an Orinco Banana, Kalanchoe Flapjack, Wondering Jew, Draecena Marginata, Louis Cotton Canna, Mexican Heather, TI Sister (which I have never heard of before!), a real big Mango that I can sit and eat while watching my new babies grow, and some sponges to soak up all the tears of delight! WOW! Thank you so very much!
I've been told I can't grow a Mango from seed here...we'll see! lol
Molly, I bet you have a beautiful garden! I am very honored you have shared so much of it with me!
Yvonne :-)

Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Mine is headed out in the morning.

Kirbyville, TX(Zone 8b)

I received my secret trade from Jarodsmom(Patricia!)...and I've never had so much fun opening a box, there were all kinds of goodies in that huge box!! SSSSSooooo many goodies to mention...but I will say I felt like a little girl as I was opening the greatest birthday gift...hehehe lovely plants, ones I didn't have, and little gifts as well...Patricia you rock!! What fun this was!! thanks to BWARD for arranging this trade!! happy planter in Texas ~Debra~p.s my end of the secret trade leaves Texas tomorrow....heading Northeast of me

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

Yvonne, I am so glad the package arrived safely and that you are pleased with it.

The Ti Sisters will look like the picture here when she grows up. They tend to get a bit leggy so it's a good idea to put some shorter plants around her legs.

I thought a mango would be really tropical, and although we don't have a tree (I don't even care for mangos, I had my dh pluck that one from the neighbor tree) I thought maybe you might grow one in a pot?

This was such fun putting the package together, I really like doing these trades!!!!!! Bward, thanks so much for hosting this one.
:^)))))
Molly

Thumbnail by MollyMc
Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

My box is heading northeast today. Thanks Barb, this has been fun.

Smithton, IL(Zone 6a)

I mailed my secret trade out this morning. Should arrive at its destination by Wednesday or Thursday. I hope my secret trader likes the plants I sent.

Bill

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

On it's way up north!!!

"eyes"

Hattiesburg, MS(Zone 8a)

Dixiechick, received the bromeliade, ponytail palm, yellow shrimp plant, variegated hoya (which I have never grown and will have to get some growing tips from you), and devil's back bone. It was like Christmas- Love surprises and opening packages. Thank you so much for the lovely plants. Happy gardening-Barbara

Premont, TX(Zone 9b)

Wow ! I got a beautiful box full of plants from Jenny (sh1025) she send me
1. banana plant i have been wanting one for a while
2.ginger plant :0)
3.cordyline (Red Sister) i have been wanting one for a while
4. Clerodendrum
5. Clivia Miniata huge plant . :0)
6.Ruesselia equisetiformis (fire ctacker vine another of my most wanted
7.Bald Cypress seeding :0)
8. Loisiana Iris
9. garden trowel
10.garden gloves
11.gardeners outdoor defenese towette
12. money plant seeds
13.Texas star hibiscus seeds
14. 2 wonderful recipes (Thanks Jenny I love to bake)

Jenny Thanks so much for all the wonderful things you send !
Elva

This message was edited Jun 28, 2004 1:05 PM

Woodville, TX(Zone 8a)

Elva, so glad you liked what I sent and that it was in good condition. I expected it to get there Sat as that is what I was promised at the PO. I left out the yellow bearded iris (found it packaged after I mailed your box). That really made me feel bad. I read that you liked to bake and figured if you were like me new recipes are always welcome. Those are ones that everyone always asks me to bring to get togethers. The coconut dessert can be left in the freezer and cut when needed. Just let it thaw about 20 minutes on the serving plate.

Premont, TX(Zone 9b)

This is the best box I have ever recived in a swap ! Jenny you the best.Thanks once again !

Elva

Prattville, AL(Zone 8a)

barbara, I'm glad you liked your package, Wish i'd had more to send you..The Hoya is new to me also, so we'll have to learn how to care for it together :-) I thought is was a neat Lil' Plant :-) I do know they like to stay moist..Sorry I wish I knew more..

I did leave one thing out of your box :-( I'll send it tomorrow...

I just hate when I leave something outta the box and as soon I'm back from the PO, I find it...

Hope I'm not the only one that has this happen

Carol

Woodville, TX(Zone 8a)

Just received my package from Irish (I think since it was from where he lives) and what a delight. I received a Charles Grimaldi brug, Oh yes! I've just gotten into brugs and have been wanting this particular one. Got to hurry with this and get busy planting since the rain is threatening again right now. I also received a candle plant (had never heard of it) which will go perfectly in my native plants bed, a cavendish banana (didn't have one), a snow bush, and an orange canna. This was a wonderful surprise, just didn't expect it today. Peter you outdid yourself. I have to look up info on the snow bush and candle plant so I'll know how to take care of them. I am just so excited especially about the brug. Now I have 7 brugs! This is definitely my lucky day. Thanks again Peter for the great secret trade. I'm out to plant. Jenny

Woodville, TX(Zone 8a)

Just finished planting all my goodies and found out Irish sent me 4 candle plants not one and 3 cannas not one. I have everything all tucked in and it keeps thundering so a nice soft rain tonight would just be fine with me. Peter thanks again for the terrific box of plants. I loved them all. Jenny

Woodville, TX(Zone 8a)

No Carol you are not the only one. I did the same thing with my secret trade. I left out something (wasn't tropical but had seen in a thread that this person wanted some) and found it when I cleaned the carport a couple of days later all packaged. I had even sent instructions in the package about it. Oh, well it makes life so interesting doesn't it? Jenny

Prattville, AL(Zone 8a)

Wheeeeewwww...Thx Jenny :-) I feel much better now

Carol

glenmora, LA(Zone 8a)

well barb,you have really outdone yourself...thank you,got your box today......hers what she sent me..

brugs:super nova,cuba
alocasia blue giant
colocasia ruffles
xanthosomas lime zinger
colocasia chicago harlequin
canna,bengal tiger
tibouchina grandiflora
blue morning glory buch
firespike

again thanks so much.

Biloxi, MS(Zone 8b)

Hello,
Just a quicki note to say that my box flew yesterday.
Charla

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

YeeeeeeHawwwwwwwww..........mine came today. What a wonderful guy billsmetro is!! He sent me Colacasia, Basoo Banana, and a HUGE, TEXAS SIZE White Bird of Paradise. Thanks soooooo much Bill, they will always be treasured!!

"eyes"

Hattiesburg, MS(Zone 8a)

Lilcajunlady36-hope you didn't have any of it. They should all do well in LA. Glad you like it.
The brug is NOVA not Super Nova. Nova is a European pink hybrid. Slow grower.
Barbara

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.