Need ideas for office - at work

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

I'm moving into a new office, NO OUTSIDE WINDOWS :(
My current office has 3 large windows that allow me to have window bird feeders.

The new office is 10x18 with windows at one end - but they open to a hallway. So I'll need to cover them with sheers or something to soften the cinderblock walls. Color is my issue. The carpet is charchol gray. My current office is yellow so I need a different color - more change.

I want something to give an open feeling since the room has no outside window. I know greens will work but not sure of shades of green or accents.....suggestions ???

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

10x18's a good size to work with! How much flexibility do you have regarding what you can paint, install, hang, etc.?

You might create the illusion of there being a window by hanging a gathered sheer curtain on one wall, even with a window frame hanging behind it. I've seen this done on HGTV with surprisingly attractive results.

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

I've planned on the curtain idea - yes, HGTV is where I've seen it done with great success. I really need 'color' ideas.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Have you ever been to Behr's website and played around with their Color Smart interactive thingie? It lets you put different combinations of trim, wall and ceiling colors together and see how they'll look:

http://www.behr.com/behrx/workbook/index.jsp

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Since the carpet is charcoal gray, it is a nutral area and just about anything can work. I find that the best way to find what colors will suit you in decorating is to ttake a look in your clothes closet. What color's predominate your wardrobe? Use that as the basis for your decorating pallete and you will have an office space that suits you.

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10b)

One of my favorites rooms that I have ever been in was charcoal, black accents, taupe and a perfect robin's egg blue.....

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Sounds soothing. Hey, shihtzumom, what type of work do you do? Plum colors are supposed to aid in creativity. Plum and soft greens might look nice with charcoal grey carpet.

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

accounting for a dept at va tech - the ideas above are great.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Well, don't want to get too creative with those numbers, then! ;)

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

So, did you redecorate? Do you have pictures?

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Yes I did and it's wonderful. I'll send pictures soon. It's a Tiki Theme. Bright colors. Chinese paper lanterns in bright green from Pier1 and medium blue for the walls. Sand buckets and baskets in bright colors. Fake fish too.

It's a fun theme.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.