Persian Shield (Strobilanthes dyerianus)

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Persian Shield
Strobilanthes dyerianus

Very pretty purple color, I bought it to accent the Limelight 4'clocks.

Thumbnail by WillowWasp
Holland, OH

Oh this is so beautiful! I just love the color! I've really been wanting to plant some of these, but I live in Ohio which is a zone 5 and I'm thinking they just wouldn't make it through the winter here.

So, I'm thinking that I will plant them in pots and place around my house and then bring in during the winter. Any special treatment I should give them when moving from outdoors to indoors?

Thanks for sharing your picture!

Cochrane, ON(Zone 2b)

Oh boy, that should look so striking with the Limelight four o'clocks. You will have to post pic's of them together.

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

I don't know about any special care, this is my first year to grow them. I was told by one person now to let them have to much full sun as it would burn them. Other than that I am doing these for the first time and will have trial and error....LOL...
Now for my Lime light 4' oclocks, the squirrels just finished digging up the last one I had that was in the sun at all. Soooo I am starting some over again. It will be awhile before I have any pictures.....I have a couple in the shade but they are not growing to well....
But as soon as I have some I will get them on.....
Thanks for the comments... :o)
Dee

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.