Nago-ran (Sedirea japonica)

Tokyo, Japan

Nago-ran
Sedirea japonica

Highly endangered southern Japanese orchid.

Thumbnail by Lophophora
Longfield, Kent, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

A beautiful picture!

Tottori, Japan(Zone 9a)

Wow wow wow! I've waited this! It's very cute. The flowers look like angels are bowing:) I love this fragile beauty. Thank you for sharing!

Tokyo, Japan

Thank you both!

goldenfish - can you believe it? Flask-propagated Nago-ran cost over 3000 yen now in Tokyo nurseries. When I bought this one 10 years ago, it was only about 600. I'm hoping that's NOT because it was wild-collected!
BTW - what does the "nago" mean? Nagoya? ;)

duli - waiting anxiously for your Kinabulu pics - you didn't get shots of Paraphalaenopsis or Renanthera did you? Or even better, on the fauna side, Trogonoptera brookiana? Love those birdwings!
http://davesgarden.com/fp.php?pid=489814

Tottori, Japan(Zone 9a)

Lophophora,
Why do you well remember each price of your plants? Every time I forgot it as soon as I paid. LOL
Nago-ran was found in Nago-mountain (Nago-dake) in OKINAWA for the first time. So, they named it Nago-ran.

Tokyo, Japan

Well gf - usually I don't remember, but this...uh...was a special case...er...hmmph (clears throat and turns red)

Ok - so maybe I'm a bit ketchi... ;)

And thank you for the J-info: the kanji wasn't in my Nelson. By "Okinawa", you mean the main isle, not the prefecture, right?

(And *no* Baa, I will not translate 'ketchi' for you.)

That's ok I can guess

Tokyo, Japan

So which one did you guess?

"Wonderful", "Talented", "Handsome", or "Modest"?

;)

You want me to answer ???

*G*

Tottori, Japan(Zone 9a)

No no you are not ketch:) If I well remembered like you, I wont ritter my money away! lol
Nago-dake in Nago-city. Going up north 60km from Naha-city.

Wilmington, DE(Zone 7a)

Wow this photo is awesome! What camera and lens and settings did you use? (ok I know it's an eon ago but maybe you kept notes). Thanks for posting them.

I've become addicted to your posted images. Don't stop.

Joseph

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images