Time to vote for your favorites in the Pixel County Fair!. HERE is where you can vote!

Trumpet Vine 'Madame Galen' (Campsis x tagliabuana)

Columbia, SC(Zone 8a)

Trumpet Vine 'Madame Galen'
Campsis x tagliabuana

'Madame Galen' cluster of blooms

Thumbnail by LindaSC
Northern California, CA(Zone 9b)

Linda, I have been looking at this vine for myself. Do you recommend it? Will it take over in my yard?

Columbia, SC(Zone 8a)

Kell, I have it on a pergola, it's only 3 years old and so far it only has 1 trunk that goes up to the pergola (equivalent 2nd floor roof. I've tried to take rootings, but so far they have not taken. There are several large seed pods that are near ripe, I don't know how true they grow . I have 2 similar vines growing together. The Madame Galen and a cross vine. The difference is that cross vine keeps its foliage in winter and Madame looses hers. Also, cross vine re-blooms all summer (in small clusters of 3-5 blooms) and Madame only has had that one large flush, but it was breath taking. Let me know if you think you'd be interested in seeds (of both). I have pods.

Oh, you are sweet, Linda! I was looking at one at HD that was tagged Campsis X tagi Madame Galen. Is this a cross of Madame Galen or madame Galen? What do you think?

I rather have one that blooms all summer. I actually have no room for another vine, but I have never walked by one that i didn't want. I was thinking of training it into a potted fountain tree.

Columbia, SC(Zone 8a)

I'll send you photo of other one, and a photo of a topiary I made from a Jasmine vine. It would be good that way too, I might make a large one for the yard.

Great. I can't wait! Thanks

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images