Moonflower Vine Question

Shepherd, TX(Zone 8b)

Taylor--already bought some from him! *G* I'm also looking to get what looks like some sort of Calystegia on eBay. Here's the link to the orange one I just bought:

Well, darn, the link doesn't work...I'll post the photo below.

Bluespiral--The list is fairly exhaustive, so try not to fall asleep reading it. :-)

http://www.fau.edu/divdept/biology/ipomoea.htm

There is also a list of synonyms:

http://www.fau.edu/divdept/biology/synonyms.htm

This message was edited Jan 29, 2005 1:24 PM

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Stacey-
that orange link is broken...can you re-submit?
Also, do you mean you just bought them, because I showed you the site, or you had already bought them before I showed you?
-T

Shepherd, TX(Zone 8b)

Nice, huh?

Thumbnail by QueenB
Shepherd, TX(Zone 8b)

Waaaaay before you showed me...I sell on eBay as well as buy. I've been sucking up the more unusual varieties.

ok...I got confused...
I thought you said you were LOOKING for the orange and yellow
-T

Shepherd, TX(Zone 8b)

I still am...I'm trying for many different species in hopes of coming up with a genetic match.

(Zone 7a)

QB - thankx. I notice this just covers the Americas.

Does anyone know anything about the Japanese morning glory festival? what kinds of morning glories they celebrate, their cultivation,
presentation, history, derivation, etc.???

St. Paul, MN(Zone 4b)

Thank you all for the most interesting postings on this thread! I can't believe that something I started long ago took on a life of its own like this! I've learned alot and have enjoyed all the interesting reading material.

The best to all of you,

Erick

P.S. It took awhile to get started, but once our white moonflowers began blooming in mid-August last year, they bloomed like crazy until frost in early October. Absolutely stunning.

Sorry we hi-jacked your thread, Erick!
-T

St. Paul, MN(Zone 4b)

I am glad you did. I've thoroughly enjoyed the on-line discussion.

Erick

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.