White Ginger, Garland Lily, Butterfly Ginger (Hedychium coronarium)

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

Hello Ladyanne, that is a lovely picture of white ginger. I think that this plant is
greatly ignored by many and hardly seen in nurseries, when it should be very popular. I have this plant and i find it easy to grow, plus the beauty is amazing.
The flowers look like orchids and smell like gardenias, what more could you possibly want?
Sincerely Josephine.

Merced, CA(Zone 9a)

Josephine, we simply love the ginger. We thought we would use it for cooking but find it quite mild and end up buying it instead. Does yours fall down about this time? We have a slew of it right next to a deck, so it acts almost like a natural deck wall. This year I made a screen table, if that makes sense, about a foot above the ground and covering the entire ginger area. The ginger grows through the screen (2" chicken wire) and it didn't fall this year!!

Loved your site! May I put it on my page of garden links? www.packrat-pro.com

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

Hello Ladyanne, Wow! your site is amazing. It looks like you are an extremely
busy person. I only checked a few things because I din't have time to see it all
but I will surely be back.
Of course you can put a link to my site on yours, I would be honored.
Keep up the good work and may God bless you for your efforts and contributions
toward making this a more beautiful world.
Sincerely, Josephine.

Merced, CA(Zone 9a)

Thank you, Josephine, for the kind words! Am terribly glad you enjoyed my site as much as I enjoyed yours! I am a bit bizzie, lol....I had to look up the word 'bored' as a child. Garden people, like yourself and all the other wonderful people I have met here are simply special. Without all of you, well, not going there. I like our world and love to share it with others who are from the same soil, so to speak.

Blessings, dear lady.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images