Finally, New Colors

Cambria, CA(Zone 10a)

Months and months later, I finally have the walls done. I'm copying the thread where I first discussed what I wanted to do. TamTam, check out the Mexican dining room color, I think you'll approve since you mentioned orange. This one is actually called butterscotch (Benjamin Moore). I'll start with the shot that encompasses all three rooms. I don't have things on the wall yet but I'm loving just having the paint on the walls.
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/422391/

Thumbnail by stellapathic
Cambria, CA(Zone 10a)

Here's the bedroom color, roasted sesame. Very nice combo with my rattan furniture.

Cambria, CA(Zone 10a)

And a better example of the dining room color, butterscotch. That's my friend and neighbor Denise.

Cambria, CA(Zone 10a)

And though the items you see in the picture won't be in the living room, this shot shows the color best. It's called Southfield green, again Benjamin Moore.

Cambria, CA(Zone 10a)

And here are some of the items that will eventually decorate the dining room. I'm working so hard right now, it's hard to find creative time.

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

Stella..is the butterscotch really called that???I am doing the kitchen Carribbean style and I love that color! Where did you get the paint? Lowes , Home Depot, Menards?? etc. :-)

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

I really like the "butterscotch" color... but then I always choose Benjamin Moore... their paints go on so well, and last even with some scrubbing.

Cambria, CA(Zone 10a)

Eclipse, yes it's Benjamin Moore #2157-30, butterscotch. I held the fan deck up to the wall just now and it's a perfect match. I don't do Lowe's, Walmart, Home Depot, etc. It's from a small local paint store which happens to be conveniently located two blocks away. I try to support my neighbors instead of the corporations even though it may cost me a bit more. Benjamore Moore paints aren't difficult to locate though. One of those places you mentioned probably has them. And if they are too expensive, just take a sample card and have them match the color in another brand. I understand the Lowe's brand is very good. In fact, it got top review in Consumer Reports.

Stella, those colors are gorgeous - love that Southfield green color.

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

Thanks! it's just the color I wanted for the kitchen.......... :-)

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Stella, love it! That shot showing the transition between rooms says it all. It's so attractive and makes me want to walk through those cool arched doorways into each room. When was your place built? Are those plaster walls?

Y'all talking about Benjamin Moore color such-and-such reminds me of a question I have about paints. The stores all seem to have the computerized color matching systems now -- I can just take a Lowe's chip to Benjamin Moore or another paint store, right?

Cambria, CA(Zone 10a)

Hi Kimberley, The house was built in 1907. It has a few additions at the back but I live in the front space and it's original. Yes, plaster. More like concrete. I'd assume you can take the Lowe's chip to a BM store. I'd sure give it a try. Here's my most recent shot of the exterior of the place, from the beach. There's a for sale sign out front and we may have to move from here soon, maybe within a couple of months. Who knows what the new owners will want to do with it? I had thought I had a year before they tore it down and built condos here. Now it looks like it could be sooner. Of course they would put the sign out just a few days after I'd finished painting the whole place. Wouldn't you know.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Progress...Schmogress. I really HATE seeing neat old houses razed for stuff like condos. :S

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.