Time to vote for your favorites in the Pixel County Fair!. HERE is where you can vote!

Hairy Toad Lily (Tricyrtis hirta)

Piedmont, MO(Zone 6a)

Hairy Toad Lily
Tricyrtis hirta

Grown from seed several years ago...looks like I will have a lot of seeds this year.

Thumbnail by Toxicodendron
San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Lovely plant with lovely blooms. Thanks for sharing/

Piedmont, MO(Zone 6a)

Thanks, Hazel. The only thing difficult about this plant is keeping the foliage in good shape all summer until it blooms. It is still loaded with flowers and is producing about 4 or 5 blooms per leaf axil and I have 5 plants, so it has been a very welcome member of my late garden this year. I fear a freeze may get it before it ripens the seeds, but if they mature, do you want some later on?

This message was edited Oct 15, 2004 6:36 AM

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

I would love some. Thanks.

This message was edited Oct 15, 2004 1:48 AM

Newburgh, IN(Zone 6a)

What is that little plant grown underneath the toad lily? Do you think it is the same as this one? Your toad lily is wonderful, I planted some for the first time this fall, hope it looks like yours next year.

This message was edited Oct 15, 2004 8:05 PM

Thumbnail by MsMaati
Piedmont, MO(Zone 6a)

No it is not the same as your photo. I have a leaf of a celandine poppy seedling and some columbine leaves in the lower right hand corner and some lysimachia nummularia at the top.
Your plant looks a bit like astrantia, but there are a lot of plants with leaves similar to your picture. If you are wanting to identify your plant, try starting a thread in the Identification Forum and putting the picture there. There are a lot of experts that take a real delight in helping figure out what it might be.

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Hello there Tox, I was doing a search for this plant and would love to grow it. If you have any seeds to trade please let me know as i would be most grateful. Thanks

Susan

Piedmont, MO(Zone 6a)

Hi Susan,
You have Dmail.
Toxi

Pretoria, South Africa

What a beautiful plant and flowers. Wynand

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.