The end of international trading?

San Juan, PR(Zone 10b)

(Note: A friend of mine from Portugal received this letter from Mark Cooper and is very concerned about the future of seed/plant trading with friends in the USA. So am I. Therefore I want to share this information with all you garden enthusiast. Check the referred website and let us know what you think of this proposed plan if it becomes law in the USA.

Cocomo

"To Everyone,

As some of you are already aware, there is a commitee created by the US government looking into so called invasive species of plants. Their goal, is to prohibit cultivation, transportation, seed transfer and any other
method of distributing plant material that is considered 'invasive'. One of the main problems with this is that any plant is presumed guilty until proven innocent. This means that if they decide for instance that P. caerulea
is an invasive plant that they could come to your house and destroy the plant's using herbicides at your cost!

This hysteria was started by the pesticide industry and the USDA to boost sales of herbicides, and to help fund the sagging USDA.

Please I urge everyone to take a look at this web site so you are educated about the possible legislation that could ruin our environment as we know it.

http://www.geocities.com/nowhitelist/

Take a look at how our own government/USDA which was responsible for the melaleuca in FL, and many other invasive plants is trying to railroad the rest of us! Write your legislators! This is no hoax!

As a seedsman myself, this would put me and many other seed companies instantly out of business, not to mention reducing the rest of our gardens to nothing but grass.

Thanks for listening!

Mark Cooper"

Palmyra, VA(Zone 7a)

do you know who mark cooper is?

FSH, TX

That has been an ongoing issue for quite some time now Cocomo. I do think that a few seed companies in the USA have links to it as well, but I haven't really looked into it for a while. What will be will be as they say.
Brugmansia

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.