Hydrangea Wreath

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

I have a bunch of this years dried hydrangea flowers and several white styrofoam wreaths. Do I need to spray paint my white styrofoam wreath or get a green one? Do I just break down the big heads into smaller pieces and start sticking into styrofoam? Thanks

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

ana, first, if you spray styrofoam with regular paint, it melts, so keep that in mind. Florist special paint is needed I think. I would wrap the wrea.th with wide ribbon or just fabric strips. Personally I would use sobo or glue gun. Start and arrange on a plain wreath to get the arrangement right. Then glue to wrapped wreath, or use florist pins. I would play with this, try keeping big ones intact, then filling in with pieces. Good luck, we want pictures.

St. Thomas, ON(Zone 5b)

Anastatia how did you make out with your wreath? Another thing you might try if you haven't already is to wrap the foam wreath in moss and use the florist pins to hold it on as well as the glue the moss makes it look more natural then painting especially with dried flowers.
FP

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Flowerpot, I have 1/4 of one styro.wreath w/ hydrangeas on it and have been meaning to run to Michaels for something else, either a green styro. wreath or florist paint or now maybe some moss as the white of the styro. is visable. A friend who has done this w/ white styro insists that when the hydrangeas are tucked in tight it will be ok. I hate going to Michaels, I always have to wait in line for 20 min to get anything.

St. Thomas, ON(Zone 5b)

I hate going to Micheals because I spend to much money there it's like candy land in there, the silks are so real looking I still touch them to be sure. If you have the moss on the styrofoam you wouldn't have to put them so close together and add some leaves if you saved any of them or silk leaves if you have some from other flowers or you can get some at Micheals lol anyway have fun with it hydrangea is one of my favourite plants I have several differant kinds in my garden. Another thing you could use is a grapevine wreath. Your store must be really busy if you have to wait in line like that all the time, a lot of crafty people around you.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Michaels can be really busy during this time of year and on Saturdays but I am talking week days and it is because they are under staffed. One checker going 6 people in line and 2 of them need a price check and one just found a crack in the vase and . . . .

St. Thomas, ON(Zone 5b)

Oh brother that would be maddening I feel so bad when that's happened to me picking up an article without a price tag on it, and it never seems to happen when there's no one else in line lol.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.