ZZ Plant, Aroid Palm, Succulent Philodendron (Zamioculcas zamiifolia)

Corte Madera, CA

ZZ Plant, Aroid Palm, Succulent Philodendron
Zamioculcas zamiifolia

Started leaflets from a stalk that fell off.

Thumbnail by Moonglow
(Linda) Winfield, KS(Zone 6a)

Moonglow:
How are your ZZ's doing? Do you have any babies yet? If you have a reasoned picture I sure would like to see them.

Corte Madera, CA

hello, and thank you for checking up on us. i have not dared to look what's going on beneath the soil. i read it TAKES A LONG time for these babies to happen. i try to ignore them.

over a month now, and they still look green, though wilted.

Thumbnail by Moonglow
South Milwaukee, WI

I am curious about how your leaflets are doing? I just found something else on the net that may interest you. Few short things mentioned is that it may take up to a year and that when the leaf suddenly turns brown a new plant would follow through it new tuber. In case you don't have this info., check out

http://members.chello.at/norbert.anderwald/Zamioculcas/cultivation_e.htm

I myself found this plant in a garbage which was abandoned by someone moving. It was so huge and healthy looking, I had to take it home. I can't believe how wonderfully easy it is to keep. I always kill my indoor plants due to neglect. But not this one! So I was just on a hunt for what it was, I'm so happy to have found all the pictures and info. at Dave's Garden.

Hope you get new babies through your efforts :-)

Corte Madera, CA

yvonne, thanks. that link guided me, too. it's pretty cool. i try to forget about my zz's, but today since you asked how they are doing, i had to check. still quite GREEN. imagine that.

my big plants died though. these days i keep myself busy growing roses. i hope you are enjoying the season.

=)

Kenner, LA(Zone 9a)

What is the status of your ZZ leaves? Have they rooted-Ihope so. Please give us an update on your experience with leaf propagation of Zamioculcal zamiifolia. Thanks for the info.

Brooklyn, NY

so...it's been quite some time! :o) do you have new babies?

Lecanto, FL(Zone 9a)

It took mine a full year.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.