Rabbit's Foot Fern, Lacy Paw, Lacy Hare's Foot, Fijian Hares' Foot Fern (Davalli

Holmen, WI

This pic is absolutely beautiful, without an ounce of exaggeration in my statement!

I have just bought my Rabbit's Foot Fern a few days ago. Yesterday I sprayed the soil with water and to my surprise the fern "lifted" up. So I guess this tells me it needed water. I have read when it is watered it should be thoroughly done and then to empty excess from drainage base. Seems like alot to me. I do not know if I should water sparingly every other day if needed, or to soak and then let dry out.

I have health issues which extremely minimize my gardening, so rather than giving it up completely, this year I have decided I would focus my likes on unique plants I have not seen before.

I visited a Nursery in my area and fell in love with the Dappled Willow. I went back on Mother's Day and bought it for myself. I hope it proves to be what I have seen in pics. So far so good.

Thanks for a wonderful forum for the health and care of all, such beautiful, splendid, contributors to nature.

TTT

Coeur D Alene, ID(Zone 5a)

Thanks! Unfortunately, I went a week and a half without watering this one and it dies back quite a bit! But, you should water it deeply every few days. I probably water mine once a week. I just stuick it in the sink and let the water run through it for a few minutes, and it seems to be doing fine. Another thing to watch out for is potting it in a bigger pot than it needs. It loves to be rootbound - I put one in a larger pot onces, and no matter what I did it kept dying back, which is why I've figured out it likes to dry out between waterings, et soaked, and not stay soaking for very long. Good luck with yours!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.