CLOSED: Weird Seed Lucky Dip Trade Update

To everyone who joined in this: I've sent your seeds off today - please let me know when you get them. Although the participants weren't from all over the world (maybe next time?), at least the seeds in the kitty were. There were over 200 different species, collected from plants growing in Australia, Canada, Chile, China, Cyprus, England, Estonia, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Thailand, and the US. There were some really unusual plants in there. Thank you all for taking the trouble to sort out some interesting seeds to send.

I got some weird seeds out of this - one was on my Most Wanted List, some I didn't know I wanted until I looked them up and found out what they were! I hope you all feel you got a good deal. I tried to send seeds of plants that will grow in your area, but if there's anything you can't grow or don't want, at least you'll have something different to add to your trade list.

I loved seeing all the strange seeds arriving and finding out what they were, even though making sure you didn't get your own seeds back, but got the sort of things you said you'd prefer, which would grow in your zone, was a bit tricky!. Thank you for being such adventurous and trusting traders, and good luck with your new seeds!

Hi Mary

Thanks for organising this, I can't wait until I get to see what you sent to me :)

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

Mary, I'm so excited to see what comes, but I think it's way cool that you found one of your most wanted. You deserve it and more, I'm sure this was a headache at times!!!
thanks again

Mount Prospect, IL(Zone 5a)

I'll be waiting anxiously also for it to arrive and it's great you found one that you've wanted badly! You'll have to let us know what your "most wanted list" is. If it's in this part of the world perhaps we can help out. Thank you so much for co ordinating this neat robin! Doris

Mary

I got your package today.... WOW what a wonderful selection. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY GARDENING HEART!

Okay, I would have played if I knew where the ball game was. Was this under the Lucky Dip banner? If so I was too late joining the forum. Would suggest next go round to post at every subject likely to draw participants. (Can you tell I'm aggrieved that I didn't get to join?)

Anyhow, would love to know about the next one!

Cena

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

Cena, it was posted in a couple of places, one I know being Seed Trading. Gotta check out all them there forums, you never know what you might be missing!! :)

Lorain, OH(Zone 5b)

I have been trying to get Dave to add a round robin forum. I think that it would be nice to be able to go to 1 forum instead of having to jump from forum to forum.

Mary, Your seed packet came today! OMG What a wonderful selection! There were some I never heard of before, and most of the others were hard to find varieties. And so many! Thanks to you for all your hard work in getting this robin organized, and perhaps one day we can do this again? Thank you very much, Doris

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

OH MY!!! I got my package today, and it was full to the brim with wonderful seeds!!! I'm hoping that next year, I'll be able to give a better selection than I did this year, I got some really great stuff. Mary, thank you, thank you!!!!!

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Mary, Are you going to do this in 2003? If so, count me in. Buttoneer (PA)

Yes, Mary, it was such fun! Will you have time this year?????

Paxton, FL(Zone 8a)

I missed this too. How did it work?

Wayland, KY(Zone 6a)

I don't think Mary subscribed to Dave's Garden when it became necessary to do so (around November 2001). It has been well over a year since I've seen any posts from her.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

this was one of the best ever seed swaps though. I'd be willing to try and do as good a job as she did if enough are interested.

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Tig, Count me in!!!!!

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

just posted in a new thread! great minds.... :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.