Making a T-shirt for DH for his B'day.....

Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

I dropped off this photo of Buster to Kinko's a little while ago (mine was cropped with just Busters head and the words "My dog digs Dirt" on it) so they can make a transfer so I can put it on the front of the T-shirt, the back will also have a transfer with Buster on it that will say "I Dig my Dog!" (cropped again) --- Picture to follow of the back part of the transfer. I'll post an update after its done this weekend. And I'm having a baseball cap made that says "Dog Dad". His Birthday is Saturday and he's so hard to buy for.

Thumbnail by momof2d
Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

And this one will go on back "I Dig My Dog!"

Thumbnail by momof2d
south central, WI(Zone 5a)

Handsome guy there!! Should make his dad proud to wear that shirt.

McAllen, TX(Zone 11)

I was back tracking reading posts and had to drop a line to say... this is such a cute idea! And the saying is adorable and so are the photos of your doggie!

Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

Thanks, DH loved the shirt , however the pics fell apart after only 2 washings...next time I'll go to a reputable t-shirt maker --- the prints were done at kinko's and a 'sport' shirt and hat company added the pics to a T-shirt, at least the ball cap came out nice ... it said "Dog Dad" --- its still good and he loves wearing it.

McAllen, TX(Zone 11)

Have you ever thought of making your own from your printer? I have made a pillow and then printed out an iron-on from a picture on my computer... It turned out fine, except I gave it away as a gift and I don't know if they washed it yet.... maybe if u do try it, you can do a test run on an older t-shirt?

nelson, New Zealand(Zone 9a)

What a creative way you came up with for a gift for your DH. They can be difficult to buy for. Well done, just a shame that it didn't work out. Buster is a great looking dog too.

Paperwhite, I never knew one could make iron on prints from a computer, I think this would be a very intersting thing to do. I'm not very computer savvy, so can you tell me what one must have to be able to emulate your efforts.

Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

PW & FM , I want to try doing it on my printer, I think I'll try it for mothers day for my Mom -- a pic of her grandkids if I can get them all together.

McAllen, TX(Zone 11)

Howdy folks....

That is a great idea for mother's day gift! My mother just became a "Grandmother" for the first time... I should try making a t-shirt too :)

At most office supply stores or a craft store they carry packages of (iron-on) paper, they also give great directions on how to go about printing from your printer... I'll try and look for the photo of the pillow, I created for my cousin who lives in New Jersey...It may take me over the weekend to look for the photo...

nelson, New Zealand(Zone 9a)

Will look forward to seeing it, will check out getting the iron on paper.

McAllen, TX(Zone 11)

I found the picture... I created this for my cousin who lives in New Jersey for Xmas 2005... I took the photo of her family back in 1985 when we attended the event called "Hands Across Amercia" Her mother passed away like year ago.. and her dad a few years before that.....but he isn't in the photo... so, I attached an Angel charm, a red heart and a small bell charm.

Ps: that's one of my doggies her name is "Bootsy" (lol) she is a "Pekeapoo"

Thumbnail by PaperWhiteTulip
Rock Hill, SC(Zone 7b)

I have had great success with the iron ons from the computer. I made sweatshirts for mom and MIL with the kids faces imposed on angels with the saying grandma's angels underneath. You just have to make sure the writing is mirror imaged so it will be the right way when you iron it on. It really has worn well. MIL wears hers all the time and so it gets lots of washing and still looks good.

Brenda~

McAllen, TX(Zone 11)

Hi Brenda,

Ya know what happened to my first (iron-on) for t-shirt? I didn't follow the directions about how long your suppost to iron-on it on....and then, I didn't have a timer or watch handy..and Ironed it too long.... it came out well, but later the image cracked on the t-shirt.... It just so happens..that it looks kinda cool that way for the image I, ironed on.... but it's better to follow the directions much closer ;) next time.....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images