Meet your PlantFiles Editors

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

gardendevi,

Welcome to Dave's Garden and PlantFiles! This thread is probably not the best place for your question to be seen; I encourage you to start a new thread here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/plantfiles/all/

Gainesville, FL

I am curious as to the classification system used for the plant files, many of the family designations such as Papilionaceae, Flacourtiaceae, etc. are generally no longer used by taxonomists following modern phylogenetic systems. I know that many people still utilize older classifications like Cronquist (1981), but I think it would be better if Dave's could follow a system that derives its classification from evolutionary relationships (like APG).

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Quote from flabotany :
I am curious as to the classification system used for the plant files, many of the family designations such as Papilionaceae, Flacourtiaceae, etc. are generally no longer used by taxonomists following modern phylogenetic systems. I know that many people still utilize older classifications like Cronquist (1981), but I think it would be better if Dave's could follow a system that derives its classification from evolutionary relationships (like APG).

If you wouldn't mind starting a new thread, this question would probably be best in its own thread in this forum.

Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

I would like to add my voice to the congrats and thanks. I have worked at a garden center for 4 years now and often have used and loved the Plantfiles references, so I finally got around to actually joining. Two thumbs up for all the hard work. I understand all too well the sheer amount of work that it can take to process the amount of data a place like this must accumulate. Keep up the good work!

Sarah

Victoria, BC(Zone 8b)

This message was edited Aug 26, 2010 1:41 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images