My new house....

Joseph, OR(Zone 5a)

Well, actually, I bought it about a year ago. It was a brand new townhome. I did all the painting in 6 months myself. Most of it was faux finising with rags and such. I don't have a single white wall left in the house! Hope you enjoy! And I hope its OK to put all these pics into one thread! I will try to get pics of the bathrooms and bedrooms done soon.

J

Thumbnail by orange_knickers
Joseph, OR(Zone 5a)

This is the first room of the house, called the Grand Room. The walls are 13' high, really fun to paint, not!

Joseph, OR(Zone 5a)

And here is is after!

Joseph, OR(Zone 5a)

And at Christmas.....

Joseph, OR(Zone 5a)

The tree is a 12'. It's artificial, takes about 10 hours to do. 2200 lights and about 1000 ornaments. Thank goodness for ebay!

Joseph, OR(Zone 5a)

Kitchen before......

Joseph, OR(Zone 5a)

Kitchen after! This was a hard room to paint. Three different colors on the orange walls washed with rags.

Joseph, OR(Zone 5a)

The living room.....

Joseph, OR(Zone 5a)

The living room, again.......

Joseph, OR(Zone 5a)

The Dining Room before.......

Joseph, OR(Zone 5a)

And after!

Joseph, OR(Zone 5a)

The Breakfast Nook, empty still......

Joseph, OR(Zone 5a)

The front yard. This was my FIRST ever attempt at touching a plant. I failed horribly! I guess you need to ammend the clay? Anyway, nothing grew! I tore it all out this last fall, worked to soil big time, tossed some plants, very sad, planted about 200 bulbs, added a fountain, and crossed my fingers. The yard also sunk about 1' after the first watering. The whole patio went under! GRRRRRR! They didn't compact the backfill soil. Good news was, I didn't have to fix it! Gotta love those warranties, till they run out! The tulips were bought in bloom already. Now I understand why they say to plnat en masse!

Joseph, OR(Zone 5a)

the yard again.......

Joseph, OR(Zone 5a)

and more.....

Joseph, OR(Zone 5a)

and more!

Joseph, OR(Zone 5a)

more from the dining room.........

Joseph, OR(Zone 5a)

one more of the yard.......

Joseph, OR(Zone 5a)

My Cat Scan.......

Joseph, OR(Zone 5a)

My girlfriend Jessi with the new kitten, pancake. Jessi's hair is MUCHO shorter in this shot than it is now. She is a 2.5 year cancer survivor. Lots of chemo and surgery for late stage Melanoma. WEAR that sunscreen when your in the garden folks, and REAPPLY it! It could help save your life. Not all Melanoma patients are as lucky as Jessi was. Isn't she a cutie though!

Joseph, OR(Zone 5a)

Me and my little cousin, Esha. She was adopted from a small village in India. She is so sweet!

Joseph, OR(Zone 5a)

This is me atop Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park. It is the highest continal paved road in the continental US. 11,000 or so feet. The is called alpine tundra. I love being up that high! I hope to finally climb Long Peak this spring as well. 14,000+ feet!

Joseph, OR(Zone 5a)

The 2004 Denver stop on the Say You Will Tour, an album which you should really check out if you like Fleetwood Mac! This was snapped during Rhiannon.

Joseph, OR(Zone 5a)

Lindsey during Red Rover......

Joseph, OR(Zone 5a)

Gold Dust Woman

Joseph, OR(Zone 5a)

I'm So Afraid

Oakland, CA(Zone 9b)

Wow, you have done a lot of work and can be really proud of the results! Just dig those tulips up and bunch them together in several clumps for better effect. You think painting takes patience, wait till you get into gardening, lol. But the results are both very satisfying, aren't they?

Happy homeowning! Glad the issue with the patio was resolved well.

Joseph, OR(Zone 5a)

Mick on World Turning, I really wish Christine didn't retire :(

Joseph, OR(Zone 5a)

Mick on World Turning, I really wish Christine didn't retire :(

Joseph, OR(Zone 5a)

And, Jessi before the show......

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Wonderful pictures, James. Everything looks so nice, even the single tulips. LOL! Tell Jesse that my daughter is a 17 year survivor of a melanoma. Hers was on her upper arm and was removed when she was a junior in high school. Toni has gone on to get her teaching degree and has a family with two children and her husband, Todd. She raises horses on the side. We were very nervous for a few years. I hope everything will go well for Jesse and that it was caught in time. I agree. Use sun screen.........sun tans to look nice, can kill later.

Thanks for sharing your home with us. I love it.

Joseph, OR(Zone 5a)

Thanks Brugie,
Jessi's wasn't caught in time, that's why she need all the chemo. It was in her lymph nodes. The derm told her it was nothing to worry about, then she found the tumor a year later. I'll let her know.

Thanks again,
J

SE Arky, United States(Zone 8a)

J, your thread is quite a treat this rainy, no gardening, Easter afternoon!!! Thank you so much for a fun glimpse into your life. Please tell Jessi that my pal is a 21 yr survivor of melanoma - she took chemo and radiation, and never missed a beat. I love Jessi's arty photo before the concert, her outfit is super, totally together, and her beautiful red hair sets it off. Your tulips are surely a welcomed sight, I love tulips, but they last only about 15 minutes here, either the wind or rain gets them every year. Do you all ski?? We are planning a trip there late in Dec, 2006, not sure where we will light yet, just hope there will be snow...we've skied in mud, never again, lol!!

Colorado Springs, CO(Zone 6a)

How did I not notice you lived in Loveland?? I worked in Estes Park at the Y last summer, and am planning on moving to Ft Collins or Loveland- somewhere in the like, as soon as I graduate (next year sometime). My fiance and I just love it there! He's worked at the y for the last 5 years and he got me hooked. Your pictures from Trail Ridge make me yeaarrn to be there. Hopefully we can visit co this summer.
Your house looks great!! I love the deep colors. It looks like a LOT of work! Susanne

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Your house is beautiful J! You've done a ton of work, and it looks great!

I'm still laughing about the cat scan. LOL Did you actually put him on the scanner? I'm thinking of doing that to my cat now.

San Jose, CA(Zone 9b)

J, your paintjob is great. I love your gardens, too. Jessi is beautiful. I am glad she is doing well. Her concert outfit is great. I was a major Stevie Nicks fan growing up. Brings back lots of good memories.

~Angela

Joseph, OR(Zone 5a)

Sherry,
Wow, that is amazing, 21 years! And for that being so long ago and being able to treat it at that time is great! It is by far the scariest thing we've ever lived through. If you need lessons on skiing, let us know and we'll meet you up there, free lessons. Except, we board, we don't ski. You could always board! Thanks for the story, I am glad that turned out well!

Susanne,
If you do come up for a visit this summer, be sure to contact me. We'll show you a good time up here! The behind the scenes tour! Summer is the best up here. I hope my flowers aren't negelected too much by my being gone in the mountains all the time!

Joan,
Yep, she was curious about that light that kept sliding across the scanner. So I opened the lid so she could "get a better view!" Coll picture huh!

Angela,
You're not a fan anymore? What happened! Once a fan, always a fan! Was it her early 90's ordeal? She lost alot of fans then, but made a great comeback with the Dance in 1997, FM reunion tour. Jessi likes that picture. She had strangers coming up to her all night, bowing and spinning her around, it was so funny! Thanks!

J

Yep, J, she was 28, thought her life had ended, she already had two kids, the second was a wee baby. She is a natural blond, athletic and spent lots of time in the sun, but didn't worship it.
My son's wife's father also had it about 15 years ago - he was very athletic, played college football in Florida, also a natural blond, and spent lots of time in the sun. He had some chemo too, both with no further problems. She is now 49 and he's about 68, doesn't look it...good luck to you and Jessi!!!!

Joseph, OR(Zone 5a)

Thanks Sherry, good stories!

Thank yew!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.