Bedroom Makeover in Progress

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

We are in the process of making over our bedroom. I finally got my canopy bed which I have been wanting for four years now. I had already made the curtains, duvet cover and pillows for it in advance. I also re-upholstered the chairs and hope chest. Now we just need to paint the walls, hang pictures, and add finishing touches. It took several weeks to scrape off all of the wallpaper. Unfortunately, my DH accidentally erased our before pictures. Here is a photo of our progress so far.

Thumbnail by hgurule
Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

That bed is gorgeous! Where did you get it?

Before I clicked on the thumbnail, I thought the walls were a nice sunny yellow! lol I kinda liked it!

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Thanks. I ordered it from Ballard Designs (http://www.ballarddesigns.com/bd/home.jsp). I think it only cost me about $1300 with shipping! I can't wait to get the walls smoothed out and painted. Eventually, I would like to put down hardwood flooring, but it may be a year or two before I save up enough to do the entire house.

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

lol Ballard is one of my customers! I work for a trucking company and I lease them their trucks! "It's a small world after all..."

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Hey, that's cool. Perhaps you could avoid paying the extra $200 for shipping on this bed, and your price would only be $1,100. You never know, they might cut you a deal of some sort. I love their furniture, but most of it is too expensive for me to order it all at once, so I order one thing at a time...costs the same in shipping anyway.

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

Even without the shipping it's all too expensive for me. I wanted a desk they make that cost around $600. I wound up getting one at Office Depot that I like just fine for around $150. lol It's hard to justify the difference in price! But if you love it, gotta have it, will pass it on to your kids, etc., then it's worth it. :)

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Now this is too funny. Back in the dark ages (12 years ago), when I owned Designs by Carmen and made painted lamps and decorative lampshade, plus painted mailboxes, Ballard Designs was one of my best customers! Talk about a small world!

Angie, go to their warehouse and see what they have. Several years ago (before they had a warehouse at all), I bought a great unfinished pine parson's table, several broken plaster pieces, and a great looking glass and pewter shelf. Glue easily fixes plaster (they had only one major piece broken), and with paint, there is no way you can tell!

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

Are you talking about the shop over off of Defoors? That's where their offices are and they have an 'outlet' shop in there. It doesn't look like a warehouse though. lol Just discontinued or display pieces. I've never seen anything broken.

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Here's a link to HGTV. I'll bet you'll find something appealing there.

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/dc_design_bedroom/0,1792,HGTV_3366,00.html

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

Gee thanks Carmen. Now that I know what I'll be doing for the next 20 years, I guess you won't mind doing all my cooking and cleaning and working for me? lol That's a LOT of articles! I've looked through these things on HGTV before and it can suck up a whole day. lol

I actually like my bedroom a lot, I just always drool over canopy beds. :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.