These are really fun!!

Plato, MO(Zone 5a)

I was back to the hospital AGAIN TODAY!!.on my way out I spotted some REALLY strange looking seed pods.They are so pretty and kinda wierd!

drak burgandy in color.6-8 inches long is my guess.Most are twisty and kinda curved.Full of seeds! the trees they came from are bare now.but they look old and knarld,about 13-15' in think.

well I picked up about 20 of these pods...Anyone know what they are? Want some?I can get LOADS MORE!!

KimC

Ladysmith, BC(Zone 8a)

Oh dear I am a "Seed-a-holic" You have tempted me with both this posting & the mystery herb posting. Check out my posting about '10 packages of seeds for postage' if you can find 10 packages you would like will send them to you for the two above seeds. Email me your address & I will email you mine.

SULLIVAN, IN(Zone 5B)

oh yes, please.
I don't have much but here goes:
purple coneflower
fuchsia/red giant hibiscus
mixed marigolds
mixed hollyhocks
burgundy hollyhocks
white hollyhocks
pink hollyhocks
mixed columbine
liatris
purple basil

I like your style.....

Campbellsville, KY(Zone 6a)

I'm game! Would you take a SASE for some or would you rather trade? Please e-mail me and let me know! Thanks!

Saint Helen, MI(Zone 5a)

Kim,
I would love to try some! What do the seeds look like? What do the branches look like?
If someone knows what they are could you let all of us know?
Sari

Dexter, MI(Zone 5b)

Do the pods look like giant bean pods? Did the branches or trunk of the tree have thorns? If so, I'll guess you have [Robinsonia] "locust tree."

Anderson, TX(Zone 8a)

Count me in!

Plato, MO(Zone 5a)

I'VE GOT IT!!!

They are Black Locus seeds.My book of 'Hints' tells me with these trees you can make a 'potion' that chases bugs way!!
I live in Missouri...one thing we've got is BUGS AND ROCKS!!! I NEED THESE SEEDS!!.. Okay I'll share.(I know where to get more!) Everyone who would like some PLEASE get me!!! My E-addy is posted here at Dave's.
Kimdc

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.