Song of India 'Variegata' (Pleomele reflexa)

Mirpur (A.K), Pakistan(Zone 9b)

Song of India 'Variegata'
Pleomele reflexa

Thumbnail by gumlla
Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Good Morning...

I have been noticing this plant and they are pretty and small...Then I see they grow to 8'...Can you tell me...

Are they a fast grower? and can they be topped....They don't look it, but I thought that I would ask....

Have a wonderful day..

Nancy Lee

Here in Pakistan, this plant is maximum 4 feet high and very very slow growing. Never seen any bloom.
Kaleem

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Thanks Kaleem....maybe I'll give it a try.....it's so cheerful looking. Thinking it will go nicely with the coleus........nice change of color and leave pattern..

See ya later.....

Happy_1
Do you want to have trade of this plant with me?
Kaleem

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

kaleem....I have just sent off may cuttings/plants to no avail....I must curse them as they go, or they miss me so much at their new home, they die....also it's getting so hot here now, (in the 90's) that the heat alone would do them in. But thanks....

BYW....how do YOU ship plants....I have to learn a better way..

Hap

I always wash roots the wrape in slightly wet paper towel and then enclose in Padded envelope . Never use Box because In box plant may die.
And my plants arrive at destination always healthy and safe.
Kaleem

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Weren't they mashed....mine were...

Never meshed, I also received in same way but always received in very good condition. Today I have received three parcel and all are in Padded envelop and all are in very good codition.
Kaleem

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

UGH.....I will try again when it gets cooler here....ps...I also had them in a plastic bag which I partially inflated...would that kill them?

You can wrape only roots after wraping wet paper towel and towel should wet too muc. And if you enclosed all the plant in Plastic baggies they will die when come into normal air/atmosphere. So when you send plants to other wrape only only roots in Plastic baggies .
Kaleem

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Ah,,,,,no one told me.....now I will try that....thanks.......Kaleem.

You are welcome.
Kaleem

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.