Maas Nursery tour.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Santa Fe, TX
Zone 9b

Jul 1, 2005
11:58 AM

I made contact with Maas Nursery in Seabrook and set a tenative date for either the 8th of Oct. or the 15th of Oct. I would suggest the 15th to have a better chance of cool temps.
They have tables they will prepare for us to have lunch, every one bring their own lunch. There are a number of good places to eat in Kemah, about 20 minutes away, if desired.
It can be guided if desired, but they say people prefer to look at their areas of interest, then ask questions. I have shopped there many times and have found all their staff to be very knowledgeable.
Please state you preferences for the date so I can complete preperations.
Also for anyone coming from out of town, the Texas Renaissance Festival could be attended the following day. while you are in the area.

Thanks, trois

This message was edited Jul 2, 2005 1:33 PM

The Heart of Texas, TX(Zone 8b)

Trois,
That's wonderful information.
We will be interested in either date. Maas is a wonderful place and the Texas Renaissance Festival is so much fun well worth the trip to both.

Thanks for your work.

MsC

Meadows Place, TX(Zone 9a)

This far ahead of time, I'm open for either date.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Thanks. Maybe we will get more people into this and determine a fixed date.
trois

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Trois,
God willing, I will be able to attend. I am looking forward to meeting you all.
Patti

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Any date preference?

Dallas, TX

October 15th? ........gives us more time to prepare for after the Houston date.
Sylvia

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Thanks Sylvia. We will shoot for the 15th.

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

I'm available either date, the 15th sounds better though. What time? (Be sure to allow for some us to travel there.)

Thanks Trois, for all the work on this! I like the idea of taking my own lunch. Anyone else?

Here's a map to Maas, to give you an idea of where it is in relation to Houston, the loop, etc. You can zoom in for a closer look:
http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?addr=5511+Todville+Road&csz=77586&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=

Here's their website:
http://www.maasnursery.com/

This is going to be a fun trip!

Dallas, TX

hmmm sound super! I would like to do the Ina Gartner thing (Food network) and prepare something we can all share if feasible...let me see how i get through this Houston trip first. lol
Sylvia

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

That sounds great!

trois

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Would everyone responding state the total number in your party so we can better plan things. The more the better.
Thanks, trois

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

I think 2 for me.

The Heart of Texas, TX(Zone 8b)

2 -Me & DH.

MsC

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Thanks, Maggie. As for start time I don't see it as critical, and if Sylvia is coming from Dallas, how long would that take her? We need more inputs, but I think any earlier arrivals could wander around on their own and gather inside at 11AM. Let me know what you think.

Thanks, trois

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

Quoting:
earlier arrivals could wander around on their own and gather inside at 11AM.

Duh! What a great idea!
:-)

Dallas, TX

Trois I am meeting Maggie and will be coming with her. :)
Sylvia

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

That sounds great. You will get to look around instead of just driving.

OK, OK since it's in the area that I hung out in while in college (Joe Lee's) I'll try to get coverage at the store to be there.

PS: Never pass up an occasion to pick on Mary

PPS: check out...
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/526257/

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

I haven't eaten there recently but it was a very good place to eat a few years ago.

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

Trois, has the date been definitely set for the 15th? Let me know when it has been set, so I can add it to the Calendar of Events thread.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Yes, I think we can now definately set the date. I will call Maas in the morning.

Thanks.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Count me in.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Great! Are you coming alone or bringing someone with you? I kind of need to keep a head count.

Thanks, trois

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Just me.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

Thanks. We will be glad to see you.

trois

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

Amelia!! (I just love to say the name.)

Hey Amelia, does that mean we have to take 2 cars this time ???
Do you not like me any more... :o( ??? Have I "ever" said anything to disturb you ???? ;o>~ lol he he he

I'm planning to go too.

Dallas, TX

Trois ...let me unconfuse myself...I am coming with a friend who will be newly divorced and wants to do all the driving. She says we will never get there if I drive. LOL she is young ... hot... and in a hurry! I told her to have at it! LOL This lets Maggie off the hook so she can do her thing. LOL I just cant believe I am going to be doing all this and going to Italy in March. I am just so excited!
Sylvia

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

It sounds like you are having a great time. Your excitement is contagious!

trois

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Count me in--one person here.

Now what are the times? Are we each to bring our own lunch or are we putting on a "spread"? (hint--other people's food is always soooo much more exciting!) If so how many do we expect so I can bring my "specialties"?

Thanks; Debbie

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

You can arrive as early as you wish. We will meet inside at 11AM on Oct. 15th. You can either bring your own lunch or do potluck. That part is not firmly established yet. We need more inputs from people about that part. If you need special food, you likely should bring your own. This will develop into a clear pattern as a little time passes.

Thanks for your input,

trois

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Kipper2, sure I still like you. Can we ride together?

Why yes, Mistress Amelia. It would be my pleasure to be your driver again.

;o)

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

You guys! I was wondering if you were coming together! :-)

Dallas, TX

DMJ1218.... I hear ya! read my post above (July 3) where I suggested doing my Ina Gartner thing.:)
Sylvia

Houston, TX

OOH! OOH! ME,TOO! ME, TOO! Trois, can you add another rabid gardener to the group? Kathleen

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

Kathleen, so glad you'll be coming! I want to talk to you about it a little tomorrow @ Donna's birthday dinner.

Ligonier, PA(Zone 6a)

I would love to join you to. I have a couple of other gardeners who might want to come. Sounds like it's going to be fun.

Santa Fe, TX(Zone 9b)

The more the better.
trois

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.