Butterfly Bush, Summer Lilac, Orange-eye Butterfly Bush 'Pink Delight' (Buddleja

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8b)

Butterfly Bush, Summer Lilac, Orange-eye Butterfly Bush 'Pink Delight'
Buddleja davidii

This 3 yr old plant was cut back to 6 inches this Feb. It is noe 9 ft tall and bursting with bloom & fragrance!!!

Thumbnail by jamie68
Springville, AL(Zone 7a)

WOW... That is amazing!! I would love to find a PINK butterfly bush!!!!!

Holstein, IA

That is absolutely wonderful. Nice job! I love butterfly bushes but they hate me. Am glad to see your great success. Thanks for sharing.

Aurora, TX(Zone 8a)

Wow, jamie68! That's incredibly nice--you must hack yours quite a bit to get it so lovely and full? I'm working on developing my butterfly bushes to resemble yours! =) Good job!

Reading, PA

This is the standard for what a healthy butterfly bush should look like. Amazing. It's been two years since this picture was taken. How does the bush look now? I've just planted my first butterfly bushes and am curious how they may look in the future. Do they maintain their vigor?

Deltona, FL

Hi Jamie! Beautiful plant!!! I know this is an old post, but I couldn't help but mention how fantasic that plant looks! Looks like a catalog picture! I was wondering if you can tell me when you prune and how much you prune off- as I just purchased a plant just like yours (only much smalled for now lol) and I want to put it in the same type of place at my house as where you have yours. Your plant is truely my inspiration. I hope my plant can end up looking like yours!! Thanks!! :) :) :) Oh, and what zone are you in? lol :) :)

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

I don't think Jaime is active on DG anymore as she never replied back to the last 2007 post although she did add a few more PlantFile images back in 2009.

The first post here says she pruned it back to 6 inches in Feb. Her zone is listed under her name.

Deltona, FL

LOL Thanks Sue :) :) :)

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

This is very beautiful, I really want one of these. Also I like the way you use the bricks to make steps! This is so practical, use what you have, thats right-on!! :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.