THE HILLS ARE ALIVE......

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

sorry!!! Got carried away there...lol!! Anyway they are alive with black eyed susan. Wonderful site! Saw a lovely meadow full of them and wished it was mine. Went back next day to take another look. It was all gone!! Poof! Just like that - mowed flat. Would you adam and eve it!!

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Sorry - forgot I was in America for a while there....lol... as if. But this Brit should perhaps clarify the 'adam and eve it'!! It means would you believe it!! And now that I've finished talking to myself. Have a great evening :-)

Dallas, TX(Zone 8a)

I still have a hard time understanding why people get rid of stuff like that. My wife and I were on a walk last summer and passed a house with a trelise out front covered in white passion flowers. I thought about asking for a cutting and the next time we passed, the trelise was totally bare.
Ya snooze;ya lose, I guess.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Hi barry - thought I was on my own here :-) I don't understand it either. But I guess it's all down to personal taste and how many times have we said that one man's meat is another man's poison. On the other hand some people just don't know when they are on to a good thing!! Our roadsides here are so full of wildflowers and then they are all mowed down by the highway dept. Luckily they come back and tomorrow I am going to get me seeds of Catananche (Cupid's Dart). They are my favourite and no-one could have planted a better companion for the black eyed susans. What a picture :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.