Double Portulaca, Double Purslane 'Fairytale Cinderella'

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Double Portulaca, Double Purslane 'Fairytale Cinderella'
Portulaca

Double Purslane 'Fairytale Cinderella' bloom petals have lovely variegation.

Thumbnail by htop
(Zone 9b)

I MUST find this one next year. I LOVE it so much!!

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

kell, the blooms are so beautiful on this plant that when I saw them, that I grabbed the hanging basket in a hurry before someone else bought it. I would send you some seeds after they dry, but I don't think the new plants will look like their mother because it is a hybrid. I am going to try overwintering some cuttings in my greenhouse during the winter. I'll let you know if they make it. Thanks for your comments.

(Zone 9b)

I sure do not blame you. Maybe I will print this out and ask around about it. THANKS

Cochrane, ON(Zone 2b)

Wow, that sure is different & would really stand out in the garden. Would look so good in a hanging basket too. Will have to add that to the 2006 list. Nice photo.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

broots, I had not seen any of these before until I spotted them at my favorite nursery late this summer. Mine are overflowing from a hanging basket. Thanks for your comments.

Aurora, TX(Zone 8a)

Htop, I would LOVE to trade some cuttings of my 'Fairytale Sleeping Beauty' purslane for some of your 'Cinderella?!' I too saw the 'Cinderella' at my local greenhouse, but there was only one crummy little pot that looked unhealthy, so I passed it up.........would love to have it though!

LMK =)

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

mkjones, I'll be taking cuttings before the first freeze and will be willing to share some of the pieces. I'll Dmail you when I do.

Aurora, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh, WONDERFUL, Htop! I appreciate it so much........I'm overwintering my 'Cinderella' too. Thanks so much!

=) MKJ

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.