Blue Ribbon Needlework!!!

Salt Lake City, UT(Zone 5b)

I just got back from the State Fair where my first time entry won first place in my division! I AM SO EXCITED, I just had to share :).

Lindsey :)

Thumbnail by LarryDavid

A picture of me when we first found my entry.

Thumbnail by LarryDavid
Fayetteville, NC(Zone 8a)

Good for you!! It's beautiful. You had to go some to beat those others there in Utah. I used to live there and know how many of them do cross-stitching. You have a right to be so proud! I just don't see well enough any more to do such fine work, so I am really jealous! ;^)
Diane

(Laura) Olympia, WA(Zone 8a)

Congratulations!

Thank you very much for all your kind words! I still can't believe that on my first entry I won first place in my division! Thanks,

Lindsey :)

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Whoopee!!

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Your entry had to win....it was simply splendid! Congratulations on your excellent work!

Memphis, TN(Zone 7b)

Beautiful - and congratulations!

M.

Wewoka, OK(Zone 7a)

Beautiful - congratulations!!!

Thank you, thank you :)

waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Excellent! And I'll bet the back looks just as perfect as the front. Mine always looks like a road map with thread issues. Congratulations!!

Fayetteville, NC(Zone 8a)

meezersfive--I had to laugh at your comment about the back. My cross stitching was forbidden territory for peeking! It was just too embarrassing.

Milwaukee, WI(Zone 5a)

Congradulations its beautiful!!! .....Sharon

Loveland, CO(Zone 5b)

That's awsome! Beautiful work! :) I always forget to get my together before it's too late to enter... someday... :)

Sarah

Pioneer, CA

Beautiful, I see you like samplers, as do I. Maybe tomorrow I'll post some of my work too.
You look so happy in the picture, and I'm happy for you. I think needlework is so theraputic, good for the soul. Congratulations !!!! I always tell my hubby, if he mentions the cost of framing,that it's so much cheaper then a trip to the psychiatrist LOL
Jacquie

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

That's great, I have won a few blue ribbons years ago. I love crossstitch.
Do9 you visit the crossstitch123 site? I get lots of links to free patterns and we swap a lot. Its a great site.
I love samplers also.
You did a great job on the peice.
Lavina

I'll have to check out that website!

Rock Hill, SC(Zone 7b)

Beautiful needlework! I grew up in Utah and know you had lots of competition. It seems like most everyone is involved in crafts. Great work!

Brenda~

Houston, United States(Zone 9b)

Lindsey,

Oh how nice, you made a sampler, isn't it? Good job!

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

OK how many have been to the 123 site?

Lavina

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images