Lake City Swap Today

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Juja is having a swap, http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/516592/#top
Come if you're near.
Sidney

Judy has a great place and wonderful gardens.
Sidney

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

I've been offline for the better part of the week and finally getting caught up.

Here's some pictures I took at the round up. I'll need some help with some names, but will do the best I can.

Here's mealtime. I was not able to bring any food, for which yall need to be grateful. Every last morsel was wonderful. We have some great cooks here.

Edited for spelling, I should have looked before hitting the send.

This message was edited Oct 9, 2005 10:57 AM

Thumbnail by MollyMc

Sugarweed and Dogzilla

Thumbnail by MollyMc

Graykay and Amaryllisgal.

Thumbnail by MollyMc

A few plants to trade. I told myself I was going to share mine and not be a plant hog. You know, you can't believe that. I took away more than I brought and dear sweet Norma is plant sitting for me til I get my land ready.

I want to thank everyone who brought nursery pots for me. I have plenty now to move my garden north. It's wonderful!!!

Thumbnail by MollyMc

Here's one of Judy's beds that got my attention with all the flowers in bloom. This is one idea I hope to borrow.

Thumbnail by MollyMc

Now that I'm rested, I will post more.
Judy and Don thanks so much for hosting this great swap. I got so many goodies and am now trying to get situated.
In the first picture were Judy, Diane, and Norma. The table my trades were on almost appears to be turning over, but was on terra firma.
Here is a picture of Molly, Norma and a friend of Judy's back.
While I was downloading one picture Molly did several. Guess who's on dial-up?
Sidney

Thumbnail by sugarweed

A pleasant surprise for me. This ground tortoise came up out of the ground to say hello.....for a moment.

Thumbnail by MollyMc

Here's a plant I want the name of and a picture of Don's nifty curbing. He showed us the componets and I am going to do this.
Sidney

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Lake City, FL(Zone 8b)

Wow - great pics - I didn't realize you all were snapping away - Thanks again for the compliments - we really enjoyed meeting everyone and it turned out to be a very relaxing day for us.

Molly - you just bring your empty van over when you are ready and we will walk that bed and I will be happy to dig up the extra's I have to pass along to you.

Sidney - that is a Jathropha - the hummingbirds and the Giant Swallowtail just luv it. You can probably plant in your yard in Jacksonville - I had that planted in my front yard in Mandarin and mulched heavily and protected it during the cold nights, but I put it in a pot here so I can carry it to the greenhouse as the temp difference is alot colder for longer periods of time. When I was in Jacksonville early September - I stopped off at my favorite nursery "Let it Grow" and they had some - you might want to call and see if they still do.

Thanks, that's one of Maggie's (Margran) favorite nursery too.
I ended up at the nursery on 247, and guess what. Her car wouldn't pass it either. Now my van had just enouh room for a 7 gal white furry leafed Hydrangia. I hope to hear from her shortly.
We also got some red lobellia. I may already have a small Jathropha. I'll check the PF and see.
Sidney

Judy is it on this page? http://davesgarden.com/pf/search.php?search_text=Jatropha&Search=Search
Thanks,
Sidney

Lake City, FL(Zone 8b)

Sidney - it's the spicy Jatropha.

(Maggie) Jacksonvill, FL(Zone 9a)

Well CRUD! No less than 3 people offered me Jatropha! None could attest that butterflies liked it so I passed because I was too lazy to move it in cold weather. Now I find that butterflies love it! Oh the wages of the sin of slothfullness! ! !

Sidney- We had to go to Jack's folks yesterday- and STILL forgot to give them the Shitake logs. Tthat was our primary reason for going!
Please call me at 382 8342 today, I'be at the Normandy facility in the morning. Do you think I can A) Get the plant in my car and B) pull it out at my next nursing home, reload it when I'm ready to leave and unload it at home?

I had such a wonderful time meeting everyone. Are there ever any roundups in the winter/spring? I'd lovew to host one before the weather gets too hot again.

Thanks,

Maggie

Wesley Chapel, FL(Zone 9a)

I wish I could have come. The Mrs. just had surgery, and I needed to be home with her. Next time.

Steve

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.