S FL Galloping Gardeners 10/10/05

South Florida, FL(Zone 10b)

Art, we can meet at the South Middle River park, then we can come down to Heritage. Or we can do it the other way around. I'm flexible. I would say around 10 or 10:30 to beat the rush hour traffic.
That's one beautiful flower. When it grows may I have a cutting please? I'll try to find out the name. Is it a native?
Those cuttings I took at the park were snipped with my fingers. I didn't have a clipper with me. It could be the reason why my cuttings aren't making it. Also, by the time I got home they were completely wilted. It was a very hot day.
That trip to Mounts is sounding better and better if we can make it on that Sat.
Nancy, Molly, Cassie are you game for a scavenging hunt?
Val

Art, I think I found the name for your pretty flower. Seaside Gentian, Eustoma exaltatum.
What do you think?

Val

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

Mounts on a Saturday is fine with me.

As for tomorrow, I'm on the road first thing in the morning heading for the property. Be back at night.

My presense up there is necessary for this step in the process.

Molly

Art I love that Bahia Honda flower!

Molly, have a good trip!!

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

In door #1 is prize......Burbidgea scheizocheila.....Please dear God, let me remember that....Right! No way. I think she called it Golden Ginger.....well if she didn't, I am going to....

Hap

Sat, Sat,,, yeh,,yeh....11/5....I'll be home.....

Thanks Hap for the name. That is one gorgeous ginger.

Fort Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10b)

Val, As usual, you hit the nail right on the head. It's a native. One of the plants I snitched from Bahia Honda State Park. They picked the right name for this plant. It was growing about 15 feet from the ocean. Of course I will make you one, as soon as the others in the group flower, in a day or two. I have four stalks all with buds.
On the Cork Bark Passion Flower. The fruit yielded 8 seeds I first thought there were 6 seeds. Boy does that fruit stain. Bright, deep purple, juice inside.

How about if I meet you at Heritage Park, inside the park over by the main pavilion at the end of the lake. There is a little parking area there where you can leave your car. Take my truck from there to South Middle River park and I'll return you back to Heritage. That way we will both be driving equal distances. If it were closer to ten I think it would be better. Traffic is over in Ft Lauderdale by then. I live very close to Heritage Park, just a few minutes away.

Molly, sorry you couldn't make it. Be careful driving up there. That's a long trip, especially on the way back driving into the sun.

Sylvain, not a single snake story over the weekend. Imagine that!

I'll check in later to see what's goin down.

Thanks for the help.

Art

Ok Art, I'll meet you there. I'll bring the cuttings of Spanish Shawl and Sanchezia for you.
I'll be there at 10 then.

Val

OK, see you then.
Art

Indiantown, FL

Hi All,
I might be able to meet you on the 8th at Mounts. I work in West Palm Beach on Saturdays and I can probaly steal away for a couple of hours. What time do you think you will be there. The sale they have is great, a lot of different vendors and nursery's.
Connie from Indiantown

Hi Connie. We originally were scheduled to go on Tuesday Nov 8. However Happy_1 discovered they are having the plant sale on Nov. 5 & 6. What could be better than going to Mounts? Going to Mounts when they are having a huge plant sale.

It looks as though we will probably be going on Saturday November 5th instead of Tuesday Nov. 8th.

Art

Hi Connie, welcome to our Galloping group. We would love to meet you there if you can make it as Art stated on Sat. Nov. 5th. We are a great group of people that enjoy gardening and learning through our little excursions. I hope you can make it that day.
We'll work out the time as we get closer to that date.

Val

Should I start another thread. Once again this one is getting rather long.
I started another one. Please follow us here http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/551691/

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.