Texas Statewide Roundup - April 29th, 2006

McKinney, TX(Zone 8a)

Maybe one of those days can be a group nursery trip. Antique Rose Emporium and others in the area. Or maybe the TAMU Gardens.

I think I'll try to make a weekend of it and go to the Messina Hof Winery again. I went there about eleven years ago for a wedding, before I was actually old enough to sample the wine. Anyone want to join me? LOL

Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

Yea!!! So glad ya'll picked a date I can be there! I would LOVE to visit the Antique Rose Emporium and Martha's Bloomers, as well as visit the winery.
Terrie

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

http://www.cstx.gov/home/index.asp?page=661

Looks like a winner to me..................I'll try to make it if all is well that weekend.

"eyes"

College Station, TX(Zone 8b)

There is also a nice park off of SH6 that could work well, called Wolf Pen Creek Park, which is a pretty large park with a nice pavillion facility. Texas A&M University also has a park (Hensel Park) that the TAMU gardens are within that would work as well.

Fredericksburg, TX(Zone 8a)

This sounds like a really great weekend ya'll are cooking up. I haven't been back to Aggieland in a long time. Can't wait to tell DH where the next RU is! The last time I was there I wanted to see the gardens on campus, but there wasn't time. Could be I spent too much time at the Rose Emporium. April 29th is good for me.

I've never been to a big RU though, and I'm trying to imagine how you set that up. Meaning how do you organize it?

BTW I'm definitely in favor of a nursery tour.

Mary Lee

Hensel Park sounds really nice. aggiecorgi, thank you very much for this information! It sure is handy having someone "on the ground" there to help out with picking a good place.

Hensel Park information here:

http://scheduling.tamu.edu/hensel.shtml

dave

Mansfield, TX(Zone 8a)

Woooooohooooooh. I have never been to a really big roundup. This sounds truly exciting. I have already put this on my calendar.

Port Neches, TX(Zone 9a)

Sounds good to me too.

McKinney, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh, I love the idea of Hensel Park being close to the gardens. I found pictures online and it looks like a nice one with shade and trees. Plus, the cost to reserve is much lower than the other one linked by "eyes" above.

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

That would be lovely too......just so long as all the bare necessities are there...

I have a call in to TAMU about Hensel Park but they seem to be out of the office until Monday. Some time next week I'll get ahold of them and I will reserve the facilities for us!!! This is exciting!

dave

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Veteran's Day today...................3 day weekend.

Tyler, TX(Zone 8a)

Dave, It sounds wonderful to me and DH. Do we start plants in pots now or what? We have never been to one. Joan

Dallas, TX

I am gonna be there if I have to catch a plane. What big town is College Station near?

MAGGIE, What is Speed Dating?
;)
Sylvia

College Station, TX(Zone 8b)

sedrick,

We have an airport in College Station. Usually you can catch a connecting flight from Houston to College Station. We're about even distance between Austin and Houston, but still a 1.5 to 2 hour drive from both. I believe American Airlines is one of the carriers that connects into College Station on a smaller commuter plane.

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

Sylvia, you can go with us if you want to, it is between Dallas and Houston, not too far off I45.
Josephine.

Dallas, TX

Thanks Josephine, thats a date! :)
Sylvia

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

A lot closer this time!! And yes my parents are not coming up then I double checked...

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

Very good, things are shaping up just great!

Meadows Place, TX(Zone 9a)

Sheesh, April seems soooo far away but as the ol' saying goes:

Time flys when you don't know what you're doing !

With that said I guess it will be here b4 I know it.

Dallas, TX

Kipper you are so funny...you are a hoot! lol I sure hate I missed meeting you in Kerrville! I thought time flys when you are having fun? LOL
Sylvia

Dallas, TX

Mitch...are you freed up yet? when are you going to get these Canna? Oh I just remembered, they are still outside! Did I tell you I got the Wyoming too?
I dont want you accusing me of holding out on you again. LOL
Sylvia

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

Sedrick - ummm when well I am leaving Sat morn and will be back Mon night or Tue morning then out again Wed, Thur and Fri... sooo Tue afternoon? oooorrrr Next Sat? Wyoming!!! You know I am going to have to meet you for that one for sure.. .. .. I think Sylvia Josephine has some things for you, I can pick them up on Fri and bring them up with me to save you a trip if you want... and last thing do you want this mama musa? LMK - Mitch

Dallas, TX

Thanks you Mitch! ...thats a wonderful idea. are you talking the Sat after Thanksgiving? Yes I want the Musa....is it a good idea to move the Musa now?
I talked to Shelia about my water plants, I cant remember if she told me to bring them in or not. That Japanese Umbrella is gorgeous I want to bring it inside for sure. :)

Sylvia

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

Yep the Sat after Thanksgiving! Dont know if this is the best time to move the musa - maybe you could post over in the tropical forum, if not now then maybe in the spring we can meet to move them!

Dallas, TX

sounds good! Did I show you the pic of Wyoming?

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Dave would it be a good idea to post this on the Roundup Forum??
Sticky at the top> LOL

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

I'll also get this on the sticky at the top of this forum, sorry for dropping the ball.

Dallas, TX

Maggie I have been missing you... we havent chatted for a while ..hope everything is going well for you.
Sylvia

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

This sounds like fun. Glad you posted it on the Texas Roundup.
Hi MaggieMoo and Kipper2...will be fun to see you guys again.
Rj

oh...that rhymed didn't it :0)

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

LOL! Good to see you again Randy! I wondered what you were up to! How is your garden faring, with all of the sun?

I do think this is going to be lots of fun. My Austin sister became a registered member (palomarosa) last week, and wants to come. That's going to be fun going to a RU with my sister!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

The Garden is LOVING the extra sun. Finally got the fence replaced about 2 weeks ago, but not before someone came in and stole the face I had on the lamp post! Guess they have good taste!
I bet it will be fun if your sister goes to the RU. I'm happy we're planning this far ahead, gives me the opportunity to start working on it. I thought about flying up, but then I'd be missing wild flowers, can't miss that.
How was the RU at the property in NOV? is there a link with picts?
Rj

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

Oh, I hate to hear that about your face! (Well, not your face, but the face that is yours, I mean... well, you know.) You're lucky they didn't take more, you have lots of treasures in there. I've been meaning to tell you how much I've enjoyed the Chocolate Plant, it bloomed for me twice, and is now safely in the garage.

The Kerrville RU was great! I still haven't posted my pics yet, I'm way behind on lots of photos (for instance, the Houston Nursery Date.) There are Kerrville pics about 2/3 of the way down the original thread (starting Nov 14th) : http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/551522/
and also on the RU Pictures Forum: http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/558104/ .

Yes, I'm really going to be ready for this RU (famous last words, lol.) And yes, you can NOT miss the wildflowers! Getting there will be half the fun.

Missouri City, TX(Zone 9a)

I am rather new to the forum, but would love to attend! From Missouri City it's an easy drive.

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

Good to meet you, April, and welcome to the TX Gardening forum!

Thanks, I'll be following your posts to see if you have any new plant ideas for our area!

Hi, April and welcome to Dave's Garden! It's a very interesting place where there's always something growing. Sometimes it's plants, and sometimes it's just kowledge.

Mary Lee

Laneville, TX(Zone 8a)

I am a new member but sounds great and I do not think I am to far from that location as I live in Laneville, Texas

Well there will be a few of us who are new! I can't wait to meet everybody.

LaJauhn, hi there. Welcome to Dave's Garden! It's a wonderful place.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.