Texas Statewide Roundup - April 29th, 2006

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Bump....

Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks Sheila. Any body else excited? As I've been cleaning different areas of my garden, I've been looking out for things to root to bring to the RU. I may also bring my sister and BIL who live in Brenham. They just started looking at their yard this last summer, are trying to come up with a plan to re-make their front beds. They think I'm an expert because of DG, lol! I want to get them on DG. My sister in Austin is now a registered member, I think she may subscribe before too long. She's coming to the RU too.

Missouri City, TX(Zone 9a)

I have been making cuttings and see what I have that I can bring- I am excited. I am planning on bringing my business partner/daughter. Looking forward to meeting everybody.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I'm excited, too! My Dh is going to stay home with the bunnies (yayy!!) and I'm going to see if some ladies from church want to come with me. I keep telling them about DG and no one has wandered in yet.... Maybe an RU will help! :-)

~ Marylyn

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Don't have anyone coming with me yet, but I will be there anyway! Hopefully not empty handed. I plan on having something growing by then.

Meadows Place, TX(Zone 9a)

Well maggie, all three of us are going to be there. Me, myself and I. I'll probably be "camping out in my van as usual getting there Friday afternoon. Don't know about any cuttings or starters this round since my business has been going gangbusters since Christmas. I've barely had time to just pull some of the weeds that have sprung up. No...I am not griping at all !!!

Kip

Fredericksburg, TX(Zone 8a)

This is really going to be some weekend! College Station will never be the same.LOL

Dallas, TX

Maggee I am sure looking foreward to it. Right now I am getting ready for Italy (March 11-18). Mitch and Josephine if I get to meet the Pope I will put in a good word for you. Actually I will put in a good word for all my DGer friends. Shelia, Dave whats up with the motel? I would love to do a weekend. I dont know what I will have to bring though, I will try to get some propagations going.;) Bring some goodies to eat.
Sylvia

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be there. My mom should be moved into CS by 4/29!!!!! See y'all there!

Are dogs allowed???????? If so, you'll recognize us by our Shih Tzus :o)

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Will we be getting a final itinerary, list of events, place to meet, etc.?????? This is such a long posting and ideas have been kicked around which will not necessarily be implemented. What's the final plan???? Hours, meeting place, rules (i.e. my question above about dogs), etc.

(I'm new here, so sorry if this sounds like a stupid question!)
:o)

P.S.: "Dave" had better be wearing an "I'm Dave" t-shirt..........and don't everybody get the same idea I just did and everybody show up wearing "I'm Dave" t-shirts just to confuse me! LOL!

This message was edited Jan 23, 2006 7:06 PM

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Oops, didn't mean to upload picture twice! So sorry.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

They are cuties! You need to post them on the Pets forum when you get time.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Sheila thanks! I'm waaaay ahead of you. Posted more than once :o) They are my babies, after all!

Mansfield, TX(Zone 8a)

Speaking of T-shirts, what about special RU ones?
Sharon

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

RU???

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

wait...wait....."Round up"??????? LOL
At least it's not "FU" ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

Dallas, TX

Ladyborg...you are badddd! ROFLMAO TOO!
Sylvia

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

There's a very funny line like that in The Odd Couple (the original movie with Jack Lemmon & Walter Matthau). What a hoot!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Yes! I/m excited... I/ll probably be traveling with a similar crowd as Kipper,...although they are I, myself and me.

So we are still in the negotiation period I see with Hensel ...TAMU,
I am in the process of starting tons of seeds -
I wonder if people would be interested in night jasmine. I was very very very blessed with it last year - and the blessings continue!

Mary, I found the face- packed away still !!

Getting closer!
Rj

Meadows Place, TX(Zone 9a)

rjuddharrison, Me, myself and I would LOVE some night jasmine. don't know if I could wait till April with you being soooo close, nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Mr. Kipper Sir...do I have some night jasmine for you!!. I have many sizes to choose from.
Please stop by and make your selection!! You see.. I cant throw plants away..so I pot them up and put them in the overstock area in the back..hahah..you saw it...!! I am off work sun and mon...and most mornings you can find me re-landscaping the previously forbidden area of -my- front yard :)
Rj

Dallas, TX

RJ,
I would like some too, but I will have to wait until April. Please put me on thw put me on the list.
Sylvia

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Okay..I sure will, and that answers my question. I'll load up some Night Jasmine. :)

I'm not sure how big College station is, I suppose I can reserve a hotel room now..?? Are we there yet?
Rj

Gordonville, TX(Zone 7b)

Almost!

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I had asked Dave to check for us on getting a block of rooms at a discount (lower than AARP LOL!) but I haven't heard anything yet. Guess we need to look at securing rooms for ourselves.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

OOh..okay...I was checking up and down the sticky thread several times..but hadn't seen that info. Thankyou!
Rj

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

(((Dave!)))))
I don't see where we for sure you told us you have the Hensel Park location reserved. Is that a definate? If so can you give us an address to use for directions?

Also, I went to make reservations at a hotel on line, and two so far have been booked up!

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

I would love some night jasmine too. Still have some Orange Profusion Zinnias to trade if you would like any (see pic below) (dog not included :o)):

Sorry for the lack of response to this lately. It's been a pretty packed last couple weeks.

I am having trouble getting ahold of the reservations dept at A&M. Every time I call they tell me the girl is unavailable and they take my information down but I never get called back. I might just need to drive down there and stand there until someone helps me. :)

As for the hotel, we just need to decide which one to go with. There is a "hotel mile" on University Drive, just like a mile from the roundup location. Could ya'll check out the list of the hotels on this page?:

http://tinyurl.com/9kewg

Let's decide which one to do and I'll drive down there, check it out and talk to the manager.

As for directions, I'll post directions on how to get here from the 4 major cities in TX, later.

dave

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Iove the zinnias Ladyborg - I will mark you down. Anyone else please feel free to email me and I will bring a truck load. This way we can keep the thread open for the hotel info. Perhaps we can start another thread with plants we are going to bring...or does that take the fun out of it? I ve never been to one.. At least we will get general idea to match our overages with demand. Cute dog...are you sure?? :-)
Rj

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks for the Goggle map link. That is just the thing for getting around. I think everyone could get to College Station, but those of us who haven't been there and needing to make reservations needed to know where we should go. Keep us posted, and thanks again for the link!

I am like the little kid in the commercial that's going to Disney World the next day and says...."I'm too excited to sleep"!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

The Fairfield Inn looks very conveniently situated if you can get the reservations at the park. :-)

Good call, Marylyn_TX! I didn't even notice (duh!) that Fairfield was right next to Hensel Park. Very nice. Getting those two would be perfect. I'll do everything in my power to get this nailed down on Monday!

dave

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

We appreciate anything you can do for us Dave.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

RJ, I'm sure! :o) But you can get your very own at www.petfinder.com :o) Anyone can find a dog, cat, even horse, bird now to adopt by typing in their zip code and preferred breed. Scroll up to see one of all my girls.

:o)

Dallas, TX

Shelia keep me posted. :)
Sylvia

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Will do Sylvia!

I was able to get ahold of the reservations girl. Well, long story short, she talked me out of the park for several reasons, the first being that there is almost no parking available, and that it is too small for the group we might end up getting.

I'm not sure how many there will be that come, but I expect it to be much more than 50, and she was certain that this park was the wrong choice for the group.

She recommended some of the city parks. So, let's decide here:

http://www.cstx.gov/home/index.asp?page=657

you'll see 5 links for the 5 pavilions available. Could ya'll help me decide?

Dave

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

#2 & 5 are the only ones that seem will accomodate enough people. I'm new to CS, but it seems #5 being on Rock Prairie Dr. might be the easiest to reach and/or find. I know there's a Rock Prairie Dr. exit on Hwy. 6. How COOL that you're THAT close to my mom's new house!

Will there be a final posting with rules, etc? I still haven't heard whether dogs are allowed (on leashes, of course!). As you can see by my picture posted above, my "killers" must ALWAYS be restrained, wouldn't want them to hurt anyone! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A lot of people are very uncomfortable with dogs, so I am having a hard time giving a "yay or nay" thing. I'd say that lap dogs on a leash would be fine, but larger dogs might be best kept home...

dave

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.