what is your favorite brand of tweezer?

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

i just wanted to start the ball rolling on this forum so i picked the subject of tweezers. debi

Braselton, GA(Zone 8a)

I am an el cheapo so I just buy the cheapest ones I can- usually the no- names. They work fine for me. Always wanted to try Tweezerman but can't justify spending that much $ on them. What brand do you use?

BTW, I am a ' Deb' too, just diff spelling...... :)

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

well, i have tried tweezerman, i didn't like it! i took it back to walgreens. i don't know what i have. it's small, slant-tip with a pink rubber coating on the handle part and it says italy on it. i think i bought it in a drugstore in st.louis years ago. i have looked ever since for another one. i tried another expensive one from amazon.com and ended up keeping it but i don't like it either.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

I buy them at wally-world for 89 cents...and by the handful...I keep losing them. I try to keep a pair in the glove compartment of all of our cars...the natural light outside is wonderful for being able to see everything!

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

i need to keep spares around loose them the 1.00 ones slant. i have one thats great but cannot find it.. or remember kind is best ever. had it own little case fitted in..

Twyla

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

whatever comes in the manicure kit. i can't remember the last time i bought one, and i don't recall ever buying just tweezers. am i weird, or just too young?

i will stick around, can't wait to see what comes up in this forum...

Braselton, GA(Zone 8a)

track,
I thought that they probably were over-hyped! Now I don't feel so bad not having tried them.

Melody,
You sound like me. I thought I was the only[weird] one that did facial hair maintenance in the car! That natural light also shows flaws and wrinkles remarkably well too- LOL!

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Tamera, you obviously haven't hit 40 yet...or are extremely lucky. You'd be surprised at the maintainence that is required not to have a goatee!

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Ahhh, to be young and not need tweezers! I've never had facial hair "issues" until recently (must be that big 4-0 milestone I hit a few years ago, eh?)

I buy the $1.50 tweezers. Not the rock-bottom cheapest, but one step up from those (I don't know why - I doubt there's any noticeable difference, lol.)

And I also have to buy two or three pairs at a time, because people (who shall not be mentioned by name) in my family rifle through my medicine cabinet and makeup bag and take them to use for other things - and when they're done, I don't want them back ;o)

Crossville, TN

The last I bought were the type that have handles like scissors...or the eyelash curlers.

Terry...I lovingly refer to my facial hair as "menapausal Chin". I buy the cold wax remover for that. Jo

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

oh, yes THOSE kindof tweezers! i help my Mom with hers, maybe i need some tweezer brand pointers??? i mean tips.... LOL

yes, she has the ones with the handle, and they work better, WHEN i can find them ;-) her "beard" as she calls it, is gray, so very hard to see until they are long enough to really grab onto!!!

terry, you are among the 90% normal people, who buy the middle priced item, or the one just up from the cheapest LOL.

now, what brand should i be on the lookout for, my Mom has a birthday coming up *evil grin*

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

this is so funny! let me tell you that i finally popped for the laser removal. now a year later it's all coming back, omg, does it never end? and now they are white! LOL

Braselton, GA(Zone 8a)

At least yours are white. Mine are jet-black! ARRGGGHH!!

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

I've bought the 89 cent ones...the 1.50 ones and the 4.50 ones...can't tell any difference...and I'm like Terry, when they have been used for 'other' purposes, they don'tt get tweezed with again...(I'm the offending party in this case though)

Thornton, IL

This is bad, but I would rather spend the $11 to have them waxed professionally every 6-8 weeks then try to SEE them well enough to tweeze them! I discovered this trick by accident when I was getting my hair cut. There's a little spa next door to the hair salon, and once there was this woman, when she was done with her haircut, i asked her, what did you do, get a facial or something, you look so much younger?? It was her eyebrows. Weird, huh?

Braselton, GA(Zone 8a)

Melody,
So what are these "other purposes" y'all are referring to? A little nasal exploration perhaps? LOL!

Prairie,
It's amazing what a difference brows can make to your face. They frame the entire face, so if they're out of whack, it throws everything else off. If they look good, it really brightens and lifts your face.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

a good waxing can make all the difference, i agree. i didn't know how important brows were until i used a little pencil. you could actually see my face! i had a whole different look.

Thornton, IL

Even my family, who never notices, LOL, asked me what did you do? I really thought it was weird, I don't have bushy or dark eyebrows at all, I guess they were just too long or something.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

terry, do you buy any certain brand? i think i might just be too picky for my own good. i get a pair home and try them and never use them again. nothing works like this old pair i have. i'm afraid if i ever lose them i will have to live on a deserted island where no one can see me!

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Debi, I don't know what kind they are. My form of health/beauty shopping could be described as "hit and run"

It's usually a monthly foray into this area to get shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, deodorant, toothbrushes, toothpaste, foot spray, razor blade refills, shaving cream, body lotion, face cleanser and anything else we need - most of those in multiples of five (one for each member of the family.)

Except everybody has their own favorite type or brand of shampoo & conditioner, shower gel, deodorant, and toothpaste. And then there's the two-minute decision to pick out this month's hair color (for moi.)

Whodathunk shopping for toiletries for four adults and one pre-teen would become a new form of "power shopping"?

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

My tweezers get used putting seed beads onto tiny crafts...pulling the stray dog hair out of fresh paint...pulling lint out of my blow dryer (unplugged of course)...moving tiny pieces of fabric around before fusing them to something else...lots of important stuff.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

LOL Terry. it's been a long time since i had to do "power" shopping like that. i forget that's the way most families do it now. why does it always fall on the shoulders of the woman is what i want to know! i really have a thing for walgreens. i could mess around in there for hours (almost the same feeling i get when plant hunting at a nursery). the garden always ends up looking better than i do!

Braselton, GA(Zone 8a)

The 2 pr I've got now [I believe] are both La Crosse and are pretty darn good for the cheap price.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

i like LaCrosse too, have had pretty good luck with them.
melody, tweezers do come in handy for all sorts of things, the hair dryer thing, done that! LOL

Crossville, TN

They come in very handy to pull hair out of the sink and bath tub drains!! LOL Jo

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

Hello, I just wanted to add my 2 cents about tweezers.

Last year my treat with our income tax was to buy me a pair of tweezermans tweezers. I paid $17 for them. I do find myself using them more then any other pair i have and i have a pair in every room and in my purse. However I do have a pair of LaCross and i love them to...
If you can somehow find it in yoru pocketbook to get a pair, I dont think you will be disappointed.

Char

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7a)

I swear I've tried every tweezer available...and I've found Rubis tweezers (made in Switzerland, but available many places online) to be the best tweezers ON THE PLANET. I'm not kidding. At $30, they are not cheap, but they successfully tweeze hairs you can barely see (either because they are so short, or so fine) on first attempt.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

gina, thanks, i will check them out right now!

Los Angeles, CA(Zone 10a)

Hi all, I am a professional makeup artist, and my tweezer of choice is Tweezerman. I own 4 (3 for my kit and 1 for me), and have found it well worth the price.

kanita

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

gina, i had to check my previous orders on amazon and lo and behold, i bought a rubis. i didn't like it near as much as my nameless one. as far as tweezerman goes, maybe i just didn't buy the right one. the slant tip edge on my favorite one is paperthin. that is what i'm looking for.

Los Angeles, CA(Zone 10a)

trackinsand - you can send your tweezers into Tweezerman and have them sharpen them to your specifications at no additional charge. I didn't know if you knew that.

kanita

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

no! i didn't know. now that is exactly what i will do. thanks so much for this good info. who knew a person could be so picky about tweezers? LOL

Bureau County, IL(Zone 5a)

My are just el cheapo revlon ones. I think they're the first pair I ever bought! Nobody touches my tweezers, they know better :o) In Trade Secrets (shop in a mall), I found a small very high magnifing mirror. I had my brows waxed twice. I found it made the skin "loose", so I gave that up. And what's with the over 40 and having facial hair? I'm over 40, getting close to 50 actually, and I don't have any extra facial hair! Yea, I'm just bragging :o)

Terry

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

you just wait, bragging leads to beards!

Bureau County, IL(Zone 5a)

LOL! We can all let our beads grow and instead of "the red hat" society, we can be "the bearded lady society"!! Just think of it! We'll have a ball! I vote for the other Terry to be our prez!

Terry

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

i just hope the menfolk don't wander over here. bearded ladies knee deep in manure and a'cleanin' cat boxes, now there's a sight we don't want them seeing! ROFLMAO!

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

I just have to join this thread because I couldn't believe the one about "tweezers" had 35 replies! LOL! I used some cheap 'ole pair for years until my sister told me they were crappy and to buy the Revlon ones. I bought them but it took me forever to get used to them and get them to work.

Why can't I think of any questions now that there's a forum with a makeup artist on it?!? Surely I have some issue...

Lilesville, NC(Zone 7b)

Tweezers are my best friend on most days...I would be lost without my Tweezerman's..I have like i know 6 pairs around here and my girls or hubby better not touch my good ones to get splinters, or god knows what else outta anything.
LOL I must sound like a witch when it comes them..but hey, a women needs some things that are just her own and one of my things is my Tweezers...

Char

Thornton, IL

Hi Kanita - Burning the midnight oil hitting the books, so how do I look like I got a solid 8 hours of beauty rest? ie disguise dark circles, lift droopy lids. I know eye drops for redness would prob be good idea.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

prairie, i've used egg white in the past, to tighten my face up. also, preperation H is supposed to be good for that! really!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.